So, I am setting a goal to write a little bit on here each day. I probably won't make it more than a week (how is that for a positive outlook?) but I will try. I have so many BIG things to catch up on...like the birth of my child, but that will come another day. Here are a few things from today that have been on my mind. Remember that I am in somewhat of scattered state of mind due to a lack of sleep.
1. I adore my baby. I think he is pretty much the cutest thing ever. I could just look at him and try to make him smile all day long.
2. He is sleeping better and better at night...hooray. He usually does one good 4-6 hour stint. Too bad I don't get in bed early enough to take full advantage.
3. I hate my kids having toothpaste. I don't understand how it gets all over the sink, floor, rug, you name it, all the time. Seriously? Is it that hard to get it on the toothbrush?
4. I went to the dr. yesterday and have been feeling majorly discouraged that I have only lost 16 pounds since Bennett was born. I have 20 more to go to get back to where I would like to be. It's not like I have tried at all to lose more than that, but I guess I was hoping that with my child literally sucking the life out of me, I would lose more than that. That is how movie stars always say they do it. I am trying not to be unrealistic, but between pregnancy, giving birth, being tired, being late to everything etc., I was hoping for one positive. I wish I didn't care so much, but I do. I just really want to fit in my clothing. Oh, and I don't want to work hard to get there. I have been working out, but nothing too high impact. The "girls" just won't cooperate with that.
5. Snow. Oh man. It is beautiful, but I dislike it greatly. I love it when I can watch it from my heated house out the window, but going out in it with kids is the pits. It takes 25 minutes to suit everyone up to walk the 2 blocks to school. And it is just starting. I have been dreading winter since spring time. That is sad, but I am a west coast girl through and through.
6. I am pretty much done Christmas shopping. Hooray! I have a few odds and ends and some stocking goodies, but other than that, mission accomplished. I love buying gifts for my kids. I love fun toys.
7. The doors on my car were frozen shut this morning. I couldn't get them open no matter how hard I tried.
8. I love when the UPS man comes. Getting packages is my own little Christmas.
9. On that vein, I love Amazon Prime. Love it.
10. We have been watching the show Whitecollar. So good. The main character isn't too hard on the eyes either.
11. I got majorly spit up on twice today...including my newly washed hair. I changed out of the first shirt, but just wiped the second one off. It stinks. Literally stinks.
12. Benny only poops once, maybe twice a week. I was nervous about it at first, but now that I know it is okay, I love it.
13. My kids call Bennett, Bendito Burrito. Thanks Anne.
14. It is late and I must retire.
4 comments:
I like your new goal!! It is always fun to hear what is rattling around in your brain.
You can't stress about losing baby weight yet!! Bennett is still little. I am impressed you are already attempting to work out.
I am in love with Amazon Prime too! It is so fun to order stuff and get it two days later.
Miss you friend! I am counting down the days until your visit.
Fun to catch up with you for a minute. I am dying to see that baby! Love that you call him "Benny", too cute!
We started watching White Collar last night. It is really good! I am sure we will watch another episode tonight.
1. Bennett is too cute! Wish I could love on him a little!
2. Glad he is sleeping great! Nothing worse than a baby that doesn't sleep!
3. Don't even get me started on toothpaste. However, I have started to give up on the fight. It never ends.
4. I am also impressed you are working out! Good for you! LOL on the "girls" comment! Ha ha ha!
5. I don't envy the snow & cold of Michigan. Having gone through 3 Wisconsin winters, I can totally relate.
6. Yay for being done Christmas shopping! I'm close....
7. Frozen car doors? Booo!!!!!
8. UPS, Fedex, mail, I love it all! Especially this time of year!
9. Haven't tried Amazon Prime yet. I need to jump on that bandwagon soon I think!
10. Haven't seen Whitecollar. Who is the hottie that's the main character?
11. Gotta love spit up.
12. I never knew it was ok if a baby only pooped once or twice a week!
13. Bendito Burrito is so cute!
14. Late? Your time stamp says 8:17pm. Have you gone soft on me? ha ha ha! ;)
Post a Comment