I read a great article today about how we need to stop focusing on all the things we don't do and instead focus on the "little drops of awesome"...the small things in life that we do well. The article really resonated with me, so I am making a goal/resolution, what ever you want to call it, to focus on what I do do, and not where I think I fail. I started today. Here are a few I came up with:
I'm awesome because I put makeup on AND fixed my hair in something other than a pony tail.
I'm awesome because I washed my sheets.
I am awesome because I walked Paige to the bus, kissed her and blew Jackson a kiss (he was already on the bus) to make up for the rough morning he and I had.
I am awesome because I finished washing, folded AND put away all the laundry (miracle).
I am awesome because I cleaned up the kitchen, vacuumed and mopped the floor.
I am awesome because I went to Kohls and Target and returned some things and found some cute and cheap trees for the kids next Christmas.
I am awesome because I made homemade black bean soup and cornbread for dinner.
I am awesome because I snuggled my kids into bed tonight.
I am awesome because I did my gospel study today.
I am awesome because I edited Bennett's birthday pictures.
I am awesome because I got all of the trash and recycling from the last two weeks taken out.
I am awesome because I hung all the hooks on my new coat holder.
It sounds really braggy to put it all in writing, but on a usual day, I would not have focused on ANY of that stuff. It would have been all about my failures and the things I wanted or felt like I should have done. I hope this is something that I can keep up. It really did a lot to boost my spirits today to feel like I was not a failure.
3 comments:
So not braggy! I loved it!
I read that article too! Love it. And, it is fun to just see all the things you do in a typical day. You are pretty awesome :)
I love this! You are totally awesome in my book!
Post a Comment