Thursday, February 28, 2013
Moving
So, I think I have said this before, but this move has been hard on me. I have struggled to meet people that I really "click" with and that is really difficult for me. I need friends. I want people to hang out with, have girl's nights with, swap tending with etc. etc. and as of yet, there is no one here that fits that bill. What has been the toughest is the ward. As a general rule, most of my close friends in life have been from church. This ward is really interesting though. I have tried to pinpoint what it is and have come up with a few things. First, there is no energy in the ward. As far as I know, no one really ever does anything. That is so strange to me. Every ward I have ever been in there has been a strong social network, especially among the women. This ward definitely does not have that. It has made the transition even harder. I have tried to plan things, but there is no response. I think along with the energy is that the sisters in the ward are just not unified. There is no sisterhood among sisters. I am not sure how you get this to change. I am trying, I really am and I hope I can have some positive influence, but it seems to be a long running problem in the ward. I received a new calling as the enrichment leader and I am really hoping to get the sisters to come out for activities and hopefully start to improve this. It is requiring a lot of work because I feel like sisters are only going to come when they feel like something is really special and to make something seem that way requires fancy fliers, posters and enticements. So, wish me luck. I need it more than they might. Actually, that is not true, I have talked to a number of other women who feel the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That makes me sad. I bet you will get the ladies to come around. I wasn't all that social and you got me coming around, right?? They just need to do it a few times and realize that it is fun and worth doing. Good luck!
If any one can unify the women, it is you. Seriously. Good luck!
I feel your pain Stace. Sometimes I wonder what we were doing when we decided to move. It's not that I don't like it here, because this is home. It's just finding where I fit in. Been here almost a year and a half and I'm still figuring that out. Hang in there. Those ladies just don't know yet how wonderful you are!
Post a Comment