Friday, July 13, 2007

Paigie's blessing



four generations
my grandma and paige

I have been way behind on pictures, but caught up a little tonight. Here are some of Paige's blessing pictures at two weeks old. Her blessing dress was made by my Grandma some 60+ years ago. The buttons on the back are from her mother's wedding dress. She made this during WWII and at the time fabric was hard to come by so she paid a decent amount for this fabric. Also, she had no sewing machine so she stitched it all by hand. My aunts and mom as well as some of my cousins and myself were blessed in this dress.

2 comments:

brandi (and tim) said...

That dress is beautiful! What a great tradition that your grandma started. Did you make the headband?? It is so pretty... I need to find something like that for Paisley's blessing.

~b

stace said...

yes, I did make the headband and it was totally easy. If you still need one, email me and I will tell you how!