Monday, July 23, 2007

why oh why...

can't I keep my house clean. Even for a little while. I mean, I really want it clean, but I swear as fast as I get some things organized, a tornado has blown through and messed it up. I want it clean, I really do, but I just don't have the energy to get it that way.

I guess the fact that I spent the afternoon tired, lying on the couch, reading "N is for Noose" by Sue Grafton, didn't help the process. I wanted to get the laundry done and managed two loads, one of which is still sitting in the washer.

I did go to see "Hairspray" with my mom. I really enjoyed it, although it is definitely a girlie movie. I don't think Douglas would have enjoyed it much and he is pretty open minded.

I went to Vegas on Saturday to bra shop. Many of you know this trial in my life and consequently, Nordstrom is the only store that carries my size (that I know of). Little did I know it was the Semi Annual sale and it was PACKED. We were very successful though (my mom went with me and Paige--J man stayed at home with Douglas). I found pants that actually fit me so that I can stop wearing the maternity capris Sarah lent me that never actually fit while I was pregnant. Granted, they are a little larger that I would like to fit into, but they fit. I also found some CUTE clothes at Janie and Jack for great prices. Gotta love that. How come I can drop large quantities of moola on clothes for my kiddos, but I feel tremendously guilty when I spend it on myself? We had a fun time and I realized that it is probobly good that there is no shopping here in town. I would get in trouble if there was.

Life is crazy as always. It is time for Paige to drop her first feeding. Last night I went in when she cried after three hours and gave her the bink. She went back to sleep for an hour and when I fed her, she ate very little...snacking. That along with her size leads me to believe that she can do it. It may require me binking her a few times, but I am going to give it a shot tonight. I will let you know if I am successful. Keep your fingers crossed. I really need to start sleeping again.

What is the deal with it being overcast and yucky here, but having no rain. That annoys me.

I need to go to bed. Today has truly been an unproductive day. Hooray!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Well, we did get rained on last night. I could use a bit more of it. I'm still waiting to see the new kid clothes.