Monday, November 23, 2009

breathe, breathe, breathe...

I am feeling a little, mmm, shall we say stressed these days. I had hoped to be tying up all lose ends with work and start out December free to decorate, bake and enjoy. It isn't going to happen and I think I am mourning that a bit. Here I am, one week before December hits with 5 sessions left to edit, orders to be placed, a newborn session tomorrow, kids, oh yeah they take a little of my time, a house to keep up on (somewhat), errands to run, company for the holiday. I am feeling a little maxed out to say the least.

and to top that off, Jackson is going through one of his spells again...everything is a power struggle. Right now, in fact, he is on Santa's naughty list. Yes, I am that mom that manipulates with something as wonderful as Santa. I am sure much of the problem is my preoccupation with life. He is a boy who needs lots of attention and affection and I think I am falling short right now.

It is just a season, I realize this, but I sure can't wait until it ends.

So please, when I don't return calls, emails or just plain flake out...please cut me some slack and just call or email again. I promise I have every intention of getting back to you, my brain is just on overload.

Off to clean up my studio for my newbie session tomorrow.

5 comments:

staci said...

Sorry you're feeling a little stressed lately! Let me know if there I something I can do to help!! I'm here for ya girl!!

Tara said...

I'm sure spending an entire day here while your husband worked on the "money pit" {as we're affectionately calling it} helped the stress level {rise that is}.

Really thanks again for coming. I know you had a million other things you could've done on Saturday, but we sure did appreciate it. You'll have to come next Thanksgiving when the entry is finished :).


{Hang in there--it's almost over}

{And I can commiserate with you. I'm mourning the fact that it looks next to impossible to have a Christmas tree this year}.

{And yes I am up at 2:30 in the morning commenting on your blog}!

farmgirl said...

Awww, no wonder you decided not to do chocolates you poor lady. No worries, I'll take care of that department. :)
I'm sorry things aren't what you were hoping for right now, hang in there.
Just don't forget to come up for air every now and then. ;)

jen said...

I am here and am willing to help any way I can!! No more going out of town for us so seriously call me any time.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Stace! Check visiting teaching off your list. I'm bringing around pumpkin bread today... Hope things get better! And do not feel bad about manipulating with Santa. Use it while you can! My kids think I have Santa's phone number. It works like a charm.