Monday, November 09, 2009

Halloween

I never really enjoyed Halloween until I had a husband and kids. I love planning costumes out (I usually start about July) and have really enjoyed having a family theme. Of course, it is a good thing I start so early, because I was still frantically sewing hours before the Halloween party to complete the costumes.

I thought J wouldn't go for the tin man idea, but he loved it. When people would ask what he was dressing up as he would enthusiastically tell them, "tin man". I think he confused a few people! Paigie loved that she got to be "Doroffy Ann" (her full name) and had the "no quace like home" line down pat.

Douglas is such a good sport. Have I ever mentioned how much I love this man. He lets me dress him up and laugh at him repeatedly EVERY year. I am one lucky woman.

Can't wait to decide what we will be next year...I am thinking twilight...or Harry Potter...or 50's peoples. The possibilities are endless and you will just have to stay tuned....

**note that her shoes are on the wrong feet**

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

15 comments:

Tara said...

Yay, I'm so glad I get to be the first to say these costumes are so freaking adorable. I would have to agree that Douglas is a good sport. I highly doubt I could convince Bob to dress up.

LOVE the costumes. Hey if you started planning in say... February, do you think you could come up with a theme for my family {and make us costumes of course}. Get back to me on that one-K-.

annebabe said...

Your mean witch face in the last one has me cracking up!! You do have a great family, very adventurous. The costumes turned out fabulous, worth every painstaking minute of work. :)

jen said...

The costumes are fantastic!! You did a great job. I love that you went all out on your costume! The nose is great :). My favorite pic is the first one of little "Doroffy Ann". Can't wait to see what you come up with next year!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics! I never really got to see you all together. Sooo cute!

Marlan said...

Love the evil witch face you are making. As if a green face, hooked nose, a witches costume just didn't quite speak for itself.

Costumes were great.

Bri!!! said...

Those costumes are FANTASTIC! I love the detail! Plus I just LOVE the Wizard of Oz. It's one of the best of all time. There is so much symbolism in the movie. Very cute. Doug looked AWESOME!

Rachel said...

I am very impressed.

Tina said...

Hmmmmm--I think you need some work on that nose. I know a good surgeon...

andrea said...

Your costumes are amazing. Amazing times ten. The fact that you actually MADE them? Well that's just not right, LOL. They are fabulous. I am sorry I missed you that night!

Kellie Larsen said...

love these! love that you all dressed up and D is a good sport :) One maybe I can sew like you without saying the F word 100 times :)

staci said...

Once again you come through with the most amazing costumes! You seriously need to enter some sort of costume contest or something! And yes, I think your hubs gets hubs of the year award every year for being such a good sport! Two thumbs up guys!!

Stephanie said...

freakin' adorable.

this year my kid's costumes consisted of whatever they scrounged up on their own from the dress-up box 10 minutes beforehand.

D's costume is great!
you sewed that one too??
I'm pretty sure we can no longer be friends...

farmgirl said...

Oooo, I've been waiting to see these Halloween pics. They did not disappoint! You guys look awesome!

Lori Whitlock said...

So super cute!! I love the costumes!

Unknown said...

Darling Costumes!