He loved EVERYONE. You called him and he came.
He would always perch up on the back of my couch. I called him my little kitty cat.
We have a laser light and if we shined it on the ground he would chase it all over the house. It amused us for great lengths of time.
He would occasionally do the "Indie 500"...just race figure eights around the house or yard as fast as he could for no apparent reason.
If I ever got out of bed at night, for any length of time, when I returned he would be in my spot keeping it warm. He would then jump down and get on his bed.
He could shake, play dead and roll over. He would get so excited when he saw a treat though that he would do all three. I guess he figured one had to work.
He would have seizures on a fairly regular basis.
In the morning I would let him get on the bed with me and I could scratch under the covers and he would pounce at it...another reason I called him my kitty.
I could go on and on. He has been sorely missed in our home. He was a little friend and sweet little dog. He will be forever missed.





8 comments:
Oh Stace, I'm so sad for you. I totally know what it's like to lose a puppy. I am a total dog lover too. I got a dog for my 12th birthday and he died when I was 18. He was the BEST dog ever. I like to think that he's in heaven waiting for me to get there and that we'll be together again. I know Strider will be there waiting for you too. He was so nice & friendly! Who is going to scare away the big, mean, barking dogs when we go walking now??? I will miss your little Strider!! :( Hope you are feeling better!
I'm so sorry to hear about Strider. It's been MANY years since I've seen him, but I thought he was the best! In fact, when Zach and I were looking for our first dog, we tried to find one that was the same mix as him because he was so fun and adorable. I'm really sorry you had to go through that.
I'm sorry about Strider. I know when Adam first started babysitting for you he would always tell us about playing with him after he had Jackson in bed. He was a cute dog.
goodbye little Strider. You will be missed by all who knew you.
I am truly sorry. Unless you are an absolute dog lover, people don't fully understand the incredible heartache of losing a beloved dog. It's almost like losing a family member. Everyone in my family still gets teary when we talk about our dog that died a few years ago. My brother refuses to watch "Marley and Me" because the emotions of losing our lab are just too raw. I BAWLED during that movie thinking about our lab and then the thought that one day we will lose Gracie. Ugh. Anyway, I'm really sorry. He sounds like such a cool dog. There is actually something very comforting I read in the book "Answers to gospel Questions" By Joseph Fielding Smith. It was about animals and how they too will be resurrected with us. I honestly can't wait to see Caleb (Yes, his name was Caleb too...LOL) bounding towards us. I still think about him ALL the time. I pray loves and blessing of comfort will flow your way. How are your kids doing with it?
Cute Strider. He will definitely be missed.
Hi Stace. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Strider was such a sweet little thing. My family has also experienced the loss of our little Petey this pass Saturday. I still can't believe it. Both our families were so lucky to have had the unconditional love of our sweet little dogs.
On another note: I found you while doing a little blog jog and am posting about all the new bloggy friends I've encountered along the way. So hope it's alright if I mentioned you today at the Five Moms and a Blog. I was nice to find someone who knows how I'm feeling. Please take care and I hope to hear from you.
I am SOOOOOO Sorry! Praying for you!!
I just jumped over from 5 moms and a blog. I have joined to follow and look forward to getting to know you.
Blessings, andrea
Post a Comment