Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday

Sometimes I look at my kids and am overwhelmed with how cute they are and how much I love them. They are so little, yet so big. J's little lisp is so endearing and P's clear, grown up way of talking makes me laugh and want to squeeze the little thing.

Miss Dotty, my sitter, is here today. That means I am supposed to be working. I am dragging my feet. I have checked blogs, facebook, forums. I have so much to do and I don't want to. I really want to go to the quilt store and look at fabric. It is a sickness I got from my mom. I have been lying awake at night thinking about projects. Unfortunately I am in clean zone and the projects will remain undone most likely until we move.

I bought a box of strawberries on the side of the road in Cali on the way home. I think D thought I was crazy when I urgently ordered him to pull over. There are no strawberries quite the same as the fresh, side of the road variety. It makes me miss my parents living in Santa Barbara. I would go out there and we would stop on the way back from the airport and by flats of them. I would eat them until I was sick. Good times.

I just bought D's bday gift...the Lord of the Rings unabridged on CD. He wants to listen to it on the way to Michigan. 46 disks and something like 52 hours of audio. Yikes. He will be a happy camper. I'm not going to listen with him. I don't have that kind of attention span. He is hoping J will enjoy it since he spent the last few months telling him the story at bedtime.

Well, back to work. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Sarita said...

My dad used to read us the Hobbit at bedtime and did Smegol's voice and everything. My mom hated it because the voices creeped her out. But from a person who has been a J R Tolkien fan since childhood, I think this is awesome.