Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Jumpin on the bandwagon...

Anne is doing this and since I do everything she does, I figured I would do it too. At least it might get me actually blogging and not just thinking of funny things I could blog about. Just remember this...it is past midnight so I cannot be held responsible for any dumb things I might write.


First, here is a recent picture:

now, onto my 15 things:
1. I have an aversion to going to bed. I actually think it is hereditary. If Douglas goes to bed without me, there is no telling how late I will stay up.
2. I can't go to bed with a dirty kitchen. This is the main reason I am still up at 12:09am. It is still there waiting for me and I can't bring myself to do it, though I tell myself I will do it as soon as I am done with this post.
3. I talk to myself, a lot. Paige does the same. It is really cute to see her repeat things to herself. Maybe I should be worried, but I turned out alright, so I suppose she will too.
4. For as much as I try to be really organized, I am actually very unorganized. It is kind of embarrassing. I forget things all the time.
5. I am always some level of cold. I wish I could walk around all the time with a heated blanket. Except when I work out. I can still run outside in short sleeves and feel good and it is 40* here.
6. I have been listening to Christmas music for a while now and it really annoys me that radio stations stop playing Christmas music the day after.
7. On that note, I always suffer from a severe Christmas depression after gifts are opened and the day after Christmas. I always feel such a sense of let down. Don't know why exactly.
8. I do not like to wear any clothing item that has a name brand or logo written largely across it. I don't like to dress my kids in these items either.
9. I look forward to getting the mail everyday. It is one of the highlights of my day.
10. Putting together my Christmas card each year is something I love and loathe at the same time. I feel like I must get it "right" yet am never settled on whether what I choose fits that bill.
11. I am horrible at running a business. Really, really bad. I hate bookkeeping.
12. I am very good at making things with my hands. There isn't a craft I have found that I can't figure out how to make. I love to create things and always have many projects in the works.
13. I try to make a good number of Christmas gifts each year. I wait too long to get started though.
14. I love Diet Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash. I could drink them all day long if I wasn't afraid of ruining all the enamel on my teeth.
15. I am really unsettled as to whether to be done having kids or have more. I want another, but my kids are such a handful I don't know if I could handle another. I have determined not to stress about it, but since I am a natural stresser, I stress about it all the time.

5 comments:

Liz H. said...

amen on #15! :)

staci said...

Oh yay for you jumping on the bandwagon! I might do it if my blog was actually up to date. But since it's not, no fun for me!! :)

Love your list! I totally agree with #1 & 2! And I better run right out & get some Diet Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash! That sounds SO GOOD!

About 15 - feeling much the same around here too. I was good with 2 for so long and now I'm worried that I might regret not having 1 more. I go back & forth daily. I hate that my kids are growing up so fast! Yet, I love that they are older & a little more independent (as much as a 7 & 3 year old can be!) Starting all over totally scares me to death! I don't know what the answer is Stace! I stress too!

jen said...

I am glad I don't have to worry about #15 anymore... but a little sad at the same time. How did I get this old? All I ever dreamed about when I was young was being a mom and having babies. Now I am done having babies. My life is crazy but I know I will miss this phase of my life in the future. Miss A is almost turning one and it scares me out how fast that year went by. It scares me how fast the past ten years have gone! My kids are getting big. :( You'll figure it out. But I agree, you can't stress about it. Easy for me to say since I am done LOL :).

annebabe said...

so maybe I should buy some plane tickets and fly to Maui and you would follow me there and we could go on vacation together!!!

I love and miss my friend.

Anonymous said...

Love to read your post! I am excited to try that diet sierra mist stuff, yum! Is it new??
I wish I could help you out with #15. I am still really unsettled about it and "he" is in my stomach so take that. Hopefully we can handle it cause he is coming whether we like it or not!