I get so far behind I don't even want to try. But, I am starting today. No catching up for now.
I woke up grumpy. I couldn't pull myself out of it. I wanted to be alone, yet I was surrounded by needy, whiny (Paige), screamy (Paige), unpleasant child. Somedays that girl will be the end of me. I finally had to send her to her room because I could handle no more. She was working with her bristle blocks and crying, whining about EVERYTHING!!
I volunteer in J's class on Tuesday mornings. This results in an insane morning because I have to get him to school by 8:45am and run P across town to my one friend in order to be back to school by 9:15am. It is pushing it every week. It is interesting to work in the class. I enjoy it, but there are some "interesting" kids.
BTW, Jackson's school is totally lame and they do absolutely nada for holidays. I can't tell you how annoyed I am that the majority gets jipped because there are a few people who don't like what you are doing. Since when am I the only one who has to be tolerant. When I was in school we learned about different religions at Christmas. Now, you can't even say the word Christmas. It is a bunch of bunk. Why is it so uncool and unaccepted to be Christian.
I can't stand Obama. Not that he is the cause of all of this, but he is a perpetuator and he is just lame. Everything he does is lame and he is screwing up our country.
Okay, enough griping. Can you tell I am in a grouchy mood?
Had a great time in DC last week with my family.
Have a lot of laundry and house cleaning in order to get life back in order.
Got my hair cut today. Luckily a friend in the ward cuts hair, so we swapped. It worked out dandy and my hair feels much healthier.
I volunteered to make 100 chocolate pinecones for our Christmas workshop. I am insane.
Pizza for dinner. New crust recipe that was thick and yummy.
Found out my high school BFF is moving to Toledo next June for her hubby to do a pediatric residency...only 45 minutes away. How fun.
Douglas got offered an internship for next summer in St. Louis. Wow! Excited for him.
Off to work a bit. Still bits to do here and there and still enjoying working so little.
8 comments:
What is going on with the whiny 3 year olds? Totally dealing with that around here lately too!
Picture of your new haircut PLEASE!!!!!!!
Cool about your high school BFF! That's something fun to look forward to!
boo on whiny, needy kids.
boo on lame non-holiday celebrating schools.
yippee for haircuts, internships and new pizza recipes you will be sharing soon! :)
and I'm with Staci B, post haircut pics!!
Fun to hear what you're up to. That is exciting about Douglas' internship. Chocolate pinecones for a Christmas workshop?? Sounds like a post of its own. We miss you guys! Post pics soon, Ally wants to see Paige she is sitting here telling me...
100 chocolate pinecones??? I don't even know what that is but it sounds like a lot of work!!
That is lame that Jackson's school does nothing for the holidays. We moved to Utah before Jonathon entered school but I can still remember having to be very careful about saying, "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas" so I didn't offend anyone. It was refreshing coming here and actually being able to celebrate Christmas everywhere!
I need to hear more about this trip to DC!
Congrats to Douglas for getting the internship. That is awesome!
Oh, Hi!! I love it when you update, makes me feel like some how you are still across the neighborhood instead of across the country....so keep 'em coming! :o)
Which BFF? What, how, why chocolate pinecones? Sounds interesting, but just can't imagine how long it will take and what they are for. More info please. (I know you have lots of free time to write and explain.)
Here I thought that you just weren't posting anymore, but my reader is just not picking up your blog anymore. I know what you mean about Christmas. I guess we are lucky to be in the school district we are, because they do get to do a Christmas program at school. That is so dumb that they don't at Jackson's school. Is he in Kindergarten? He isn't old enough for 1st grade yet, is he? Wow.
I am a little late on commenting....but I ran in to Grandma Dotty at Walgreens while you were in DC. I made sure to talk to her, and she was so pleased and proud to be telling me how well you are doing out there. She was also so proud of you driving to DC with the two littles with you and no Douglas. Cute lady...to bad she doesn't love you at all. Update a little more often will you!!! I have stopped checking as frequently as I use too. I want to hear about all your fun adventures. Loves....hope you guys are doing well.
Post a Comment