Sunday, January 23, 2011

First Day of School

Better late than never. I will get this thing up to date!

I think the first day of school is so exciting. I was excited for Douglas and Jackson. Their first day was the same day and I think I had butterflies with them. I was a little nervous about Jackson in all day kindergarten, but it has been so awesome for both of us :). The school has a lot of extras so it takes up time in the day and makes it fun for J. They have art, PE, Music, Computers, Library etc. I have been able to volunteer every Tuesday which is fun for both of us. Jackson stops to kiss me every time he walks by. I don't stop him, because I know it will stop soon enough and I want to enjoy his sweetness before he is too cool for mom!

J chose his own shirt...red, of course and wanted Aebleskivers for breakfast.

He had a little rough start in school with getting used to obeying Ms. Sangeorzan and the she is in charge, but he has settled into things now and most days are good days. Hooray. He is a sharp kid and loves learning. He also loves playing! I signed him up for soccer in the fall, but he wasn't really interested (to his credit, it was run really lame). I think I will give him a year off and try again in 1st grade. I think we will try karate this spring and swimming.

It is hard to believe that we are more than half way through the year. Even harder to believe that we are more than 1/4 way through business school. Yikes!!

It is so hard to watch the kids grow up so fast, but it is really exciting too. I love to see who they are becoming. Five has been such a redeeming age for Jackson. I worried from 2-5 about what I had gotten into with him. He was busy, a fib teller, defiant, you know, all the normal stuff that makes parents crazy. This past year with him has been nice though. He is a sweet, lovable boy. Granted, he has his moments, but they are fewer and farther between and to that I say, Yay!!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

4 comments:

staci said...

Look how grown up your boy is!! He really does look older. Loved seeing the other first day of school pictures too. Man, they grow up fast!

Love that picture of D as he is walking to school too. Wonder what was going through his mind? I had butterflies for Bill when he started med school, residency & his job. Such big steps!!!

jen said...

That is fun that Jackson and D got to share the same first day of school. Crazy that you guys are already 1/4 of the way done with business school. Time goes by too fast!! (but I am glad for your sake that you have already survived 1/4 of it). Keep these posts coming! I love hearing about what is going on in your life.

annebabe said...

what a grown up boy? Where is the little Jackson I remember? I'm so excited for you guys to come next month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think its been a long 6 months.

Anonymous said...

So glad that J has been easier for you as of late! He has grown up so much! That is weird to hear 1/4 of the way through business school! Wow!