I am excited for a new year. I like new beginnings. I like to start over. I have lots of great aspirations that hopefully will come to fruition this year. Here they are:
1. Learn how to use Adobe Illustrator and do some of my own designing. I already signed up for an online course that begins Tuesday and I am really excited. I love learning new things.
2. Read the Book Of Mormon. I can't tell you the last time I finished it. I seem to get to Enos and start over. I am almost to Enos now so I am well on my way. I feel like my spirituality has slipped since I had kids and I want to improve on that. I also notice that I am a lot more patient when I am focusing on these things. I pray for patience a lot and I know that I am blessed with it when I am allowing the Spirit into my life.
3. Send out birthday cards (on time). This has been a goal for the last two years and I don't think I made it out of January. I will be better this year!!
4. Be more frugal and spend less money (kind of a necessity). This is so hard for me. I like my projects, but I have so many things I can already do that I really need to focus on those things and start spending less. This also means that I need to keep up on my budget. Boo. I mean YAY!
5. Get back to my fighting weight. This way I can possibly consider having another child. I know, that sounds lame, but I don't want to start out heavier than usual. It will just be that much harder afterwards.
6. Focus more on my business. As much as I have loved not working, I miss it too and we can really use the income. I just want to control it more and not feel like I have to say yes or fit people in. I think part of that is gaining more confindence in my work. This is a constant struggle for me.
7. Be more organized. This includes paying bills on a scheduled date and dedicating a day each week to update Quickbooks. I am a horrible bookeeper, but I am hoping this is the year to improve that. I also want to figure out how to keep my office neater. Any suggestions?
I think this is it for now. Glad to write them out. Now, I gotta get busy. Glad going to bed earlier isn't one of them because I would be off to a bad start!
5 comments:
Good job to you for setting goals. This is why I am frineds with such self motivated people, it helps to motivate me!
Speaking of goals, we have got to talk about our 3 1/2 year olds. Mine is on some sort of rampage to break me down. She is in a super duper defiance stage that is killing me. Let me know if you have any advice cause right now my goal is not to do physical harm :)
Haha! I should have had you write my Resolutions post because we have a lot of the same goals!! Great minds think alike ;). I wish you were here so we could help each other keep on top of them!
I know what you mean about the B.O.M. I usually only make it to Alma and then I start over again. I am super motivated right now but we will see what happens in the next few months...
Great goals Stace! I am impressed! I need to be better at setting goals & then actually accomplishing them. I feel like I do well the first week & then they go by the way side & I feel like a loser because I didn't accomplish my goal. Here's to another year & making & accomplishing those goals!!
be more organized, fight the weight, be frugal . . . where's the fun in that? you're such a killjoy.
You are way ahead of me on the book keeping. I don't do ANY book keeping and we really should.
Post a Comment