We started a few days early with a birthday dinner at Red Robin. My parents were gone for the actual day so we celebrated with them then. We were thrilled to have George and DeEtte visiting too! Such a treat!

Paigie!

The birthday boy.

Nana and Grams.

Birthday morning. Lots of presents to open! Who can wait until the evening?
He got a new CD player. I can't remember what else. Good stuff, I am sure.
Oh, a camera. Here he is practicing his still life shots with his awesome 1.5 megapixel camera. Quality pics.
His first bday treat...calypso pie anyone??



And on to the most exciting part of his birthday...a party at Pirate Island Pizza! What fun. What delicious food (not really)! That is one scary pirate...

and his beautiful first mate.

Grandma De and Grandpa George were great sports to help control the masses of children.

Blackbeard and his little miss.

my cake masterpiece. For all my creative abilities, I cannot decorate cakes, so I was pretty proud of this masterpiece. I won't tell you how many stores I went to in order to find rootbeer barrels. I had to have them for the cake. The kids really cared.

Have you ever seen a cuter pirate cake?

The crew.

I love the blue frosting mouth.




What a scary pair.
1 comment:
I love that last picture of you and Douglas! You guys are such fun parents. That cake is amazing! I remember you searching for those root beer barrels. It was totally worth it ;)
Post a Comment