and since I have little adult interaction in my life, the blog will have to do.
First, it is raining again. It hasn't really rained all summer, but of course, as luck would have it, it rains TWO of the FIVE days Jackson is signed up for summer camp. They have a no refund for rain policy, but I am still pretty bugged. I feel jipped, not to mention I have to figure out what to do with Jackson all day when I thought that was taken care of. He can be so high maintenance.
Second, my TV remote is MIA. I have searched all the usual places and it is gonezers. I feel irritated at the kids because they take care of nothing, but I also went through tons of tubs of kids clothes and finally got the basement back in order. For all I know they set it in a bucket of clothing never to be found until baby boy grows to that size. Why oh why don't remotes have some sort of alarm on them.
Speaking of children....sometimes I just really want a break from being a mom. It is exhausting. Jackson can be so pleasant when he wants, but typically he doesn't want and EVERYTHING is an arguement. EVERYTHING. I feel angry and depleted by breakfast. How do I get this to stop??
And Paige, man that child is impossible. It doesn't matter what the consequence is, if she wants to do it, she will. I told her yesterday, while I laid down to nap, that she could have a snack, but that she HAD to eat it at the kitchen table or she would get no snacks at all for a few days. What did she do?? She ate a whole pint of blueberries and a bag of nuts downstairs. Really?? And, when I picked the couch cushion up yesterday to check for remotes I found piles of cereal that she oviously snuck out of the pantry and ate on the couch. Ideas anyone?? I am out of them.
So, there you go. I just needed to get all that off my chest. I am a little worn out and exhausted by this whole single parenting bit. I can't imagine how people do it all the time. I am grateful for a partner who shares the load and recognizes my need for a break. I can't wait for him to be home...just a few more weeks.
Off to feed the troops. I am hoping it miraculously stops raining. Even then, it is so wet that summer camp will be interesting. With buckets of money I would just sign him up for another week. He has loved it.
3 comments:
Oh Stace. I can totally hear the frustration and just plain tired-ness in this post. So sorry. You seriously deserve a nice LOOOOOOONG break from kids when D gets home. There's nothing I can say to make feel better other than give you a ginormous cyber hug from across the country!!! Love you!!! Hang in there!!! :)
Sorry friend! The single montherhood is definitely not for me either :). At least they are cute when they sleep right??
Aaaww, Staci! I am so sorry things have been rough lately :(. Summer + having no husband = no fun. I am thinking of you and hope things improve soon!
Post a Comment