Monday, February 27, 2012

My friend did this on her blog, and I thought it was a fun idea...I will give it a try.

5:30am I hear Benny crying through the monitor. I get out of bed and head upstairs to Grandma's den to feed him. He chows down and in 10 minutes is done. I lay him back in his bed, he passes out and I head back to bed.

8am I finally wake up. I lay in bed realizing that I need to get up and feed the baby again if I am to keep him on any sort of schedule. I reminisce for a moment about the days when I could sleep in.

8:05am I finally pull myself out of bed, put my greasy hair in a pony tail and say my prayers. My morning prayer is definitely not the most meaningful. It takes some time for me to wake up. I grab my phone and head upstairs.

8:10am I wake Bennett and feed him. He only will eat on one side. I am not surprised since it has only been 3 hours since his last feed. He is so happy and smiley in the morning. It is definitely my favorite time with him. Sometimes I want to hog it all for myself and feel gipped when the kids come in to enjoy it too. What a selfish mom I am :). I flip the tv on and watch HGTV. I love it especially since we are getting ready to buy a house. I love to look through houses and see what people choose.

8:20-8:30am I enjoy Bennett while finishing the episode. He is such a happy baby.

8:30am Change Bennett's diaper. I realize that he spit up during the night. I strip his sheet, grab his sleeping bag and the bibs in the room and head out. I lay him down and head to wash some clothes. The washer was running and I find out that Douglas had put some of the kids muddy clothes in. He just set it on "Extra Rinse" which was actually the end of a wash cycle. I chuckled to myself. So nice of him to try, but the clothes is full of soap and need to be washed now. Throw in a load and take clothes out of the dryer to be folded.

8:50-10am. I cook myself breakfast. Douglas and I are doing Weight Watchers so I am very deliberate about my breakfast which included:
1/2 cup Egg beaters, scrambled
1 slice 2% cheese
1 light English muffin
2 slices thin bacon
1/2 cup orange juice

I feel very satisfied.

Fold some laundry. Play with Bennett. Make his bed with spare sheet and put him down for a nap. He is tired and doesn't even fuss. He is becoming a good napper. Such an answer to prayers.

10:04am Head out for a run. Running means I can eat more. I guess whatever it takes to feel motivated, right? I run for 40 minutes. It is so nice to feel myself getting strong again. It is so wonderful to run outside.

10:45am Walk in Grandma's and it is SO hot inside! I grab a glass of water and go to stand on the porch. Cool off a bit and head to the shower. It is hair washing day. I do not like having to wash and style my hair. Too bad I forgot my round brush so styling my hair is really not a possibility. I decide to let it mainly air dry and pull it back in a pony. Benny always pulls on it when it is down and I don't like that!

11:30am Start to get lunch ready and hear the baby. Get him up, change his diaper and head back to eat. He wants to eat too. I feed him and watch a little more HGTV. I run down to dry my hair just a smidge. When I come up P is headed to the potty. Oh man, it will take forever before we can head to Anne's now. She takes so long.

12pm Still waiting. I go and tell her she has to be done. Sometimes she just screws around. I go in and notice that she has gotten into mischief. I am not happy with her. I ban her from using the pretty bathroom any more. Why?

12:15-1pm Head to Anne's and chat for a while. Just like old times.

1:15pm Benny is so tired. I lay him down and he is all too happy to go to sleep. Fusses for a minute and passes out.

1:30pm Make a hair appointment. Have some hummus and veges with Paige. Color with Paige. I draw a mean mermaid and brick house. At least this is what the kids tell me. I lay down for a bit, read a little and be lazy. I am tired.

3:30pm Bennett wakes. I feed him. He is happy. I change his diaper and pack him up to go to Target.

4:00pm Target. I find the few things we need. I am making White Chicken Chili for dinner so I buy a few things for that. Jackson needs some new shoelaces and I need sunglasses since I forgot mine. I pick up a shirt to buy and then put it back. I don't need it right now.

5:00pm I run into Lins for a few more things. Bennett is so good. I notice that he grabbed his rattle. This makes me happy as I have been worried that he isn't grabbing at things. He is always so content just laying on the ground looking around. I guess I should be grateful.

5:45pm Get home. I hurry and put Benny down for a short nap. I get started on dinner. It comes together quickly. I wash Paige's hair in the bath. I hear the baby when I come up. I get him up. I hand him to Douglas so I can finish up the last few things for dinner. Bennett is clearly ready to go to bed. I bathe, dress and feed him. Benny goes down for the night around 6:45pm. I head out to join the meal. The soup is really good and low in points. Win win. We also have strawberries and bananas.

7-8:15pm I watch Millionaire with Grandma and we have a casual family night. Jackson loves game shows so he is thrilled to get to watch. We read scriptures and Douglas finished up with reading and putting the kids to bed.

8-9pm Game shows.

9pm Douglas and I go to Golden Spoon for a treat. Grandma wants one too. She eats well when we are here and that makes me feel good.

10:10pm Finish typing about my day. That took longer than I thought. I am too wordy.

No comments: