Sunday, August 05, 2012

Hi there! We now live in Eureka, MO. If you had asked me five years ago if I ever thought I would live in the midwest, it would have been no! But, here we are. I just went to snuggle the kids in bed and they were both sound asleep. They are so wonderful, peaceful and sweet when they sleep.

Bennett got his first haircut today. He has been needing it, but I put it off because I feel like it makes them seem so grown up. He looks so cute though and I am wondering why I didn't do it sooner. He is such a joy. If I could have a million babies like him, I wouldn't because a million is way too many, but I would have a lot. He is such a sweet baby. He sleeps like a champ, is happy when he is awake, eats well. It is great. I am now only nursing him in the morning. He wasn't gaining as much weight as he should and so the dr. wanted me to supplement. After a few days of that I decided it was time and started giving him a bottle during the day. He was such a squirmy nurser anyway.

Our good friends the Andersen's came to visit this weekend. It was so great to see them! Now we have just a week until the kids start school (can I get a big hallelujah?) I am excited for them to have something to do and make friends.

We have had an action packed summer. Ten days after the move we drove out to Utah to visit grandma, family and friends (1500 miles each way!!) Mom drove back with me, Dad joined us, Greg and Christina came to visit, Sally drove out from Kansas City, where she was visiting her mom, and then the Andersen's came. I have loved it all, but now it will be nice to quiet down a bit, get some projects done here (there are millions of them) and get settled (and unpacked!!)

1 comment:

jen said...

I am so glad Bennett is such a good baby. You deserve it!

You have had a great summer. I can't wait for school to start next week either! It is always so exciting!