It is officially summer vacation! Yay for sleeping in and not having to make school lunches. Boo for "bored" kids and fighting. We get a short summer this year. St. Louis starts school on the 14th of August. Douglas is at the title company right now hopefully closing on the house. He still didn't know if it was all going to happen. Hooray for this process being over soon. I. CAN'T. WAIT!
Jackson had such a great teacher this year. We will miss her. She gets Jackson. She told me once that he is one of the favorite students she has ever had. She refers to him as "gifted". Talk about a proud mother moment. Jackson is a good kid. I am proud of who he is becoming. I made his teacher a monogram out of crayons. It was harder than I thought it would be. Her last name starts with an "S" and making an S out of crayons was tricky! It turned out cute though and I am kicking myself for not taking a picture of it. I guess there is a lot going on or something.
My neighbors Brian and Nancy Bigelow had a last day of school/going away lunch. It was so kind of them. The kids had a great time running and playing in the water and the adults sat in the shade and chatted. Nancy had made sloppy joes, coleslaw and other good stuff. It was really nice of them.
Douglas gets home tonight (huge sigh of relief). I have a baby shower for my good friend Elizabeth Shobe tomorrow morning, a dance recital for Paige and we need to go purchase some appliances. Busy day.
1 comment:
That is a very short summer! It will go by in a flash. I hope your house closed yesterday. Buying a house can be so stressful!
Jackson is such a smart boy. I am so glad he got a teacher that recognized how awesome he is.
Good luck moving everything in to the new house. I can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment