So, in general I think I am a good cook. I enjoy cooking and eating good food. There is, however, one method of cooking that I have struggled with...don't laugh, the crockpot. Seriously, everything I made in the crockpot was horrible. I would cook meat and potatoes and the meat would be overcooked and the potatoes hard. I know you want to ask me, how long did you cook them, high or low, etc. and let me assure =you that I would cook on low all day and things wouldn't turn out.
So, I bought a new crockpot at Costco hoping that was the problem.
Oh, I need to mention as well that I am horrible at cooking roasts. I have not figured out the tricks, even with as many as I have cooked.
So, before church today I threw a roast in with a can of coke and a few other ingredients. It cooked for eight hours. In fear I went to check it, stuck my fork in, and TADA, it just fell apart. It was a Sunday miracle.
So, I don't necessarily think this is the end of my meat catastrophes, but it is a start. I would love to figure out the CP well because it is so easy and I can prepare while I have energy to do so, in the mornings. We will see if this is the beginning of a new phase of life. I am keeping my fingers crossed.
3 comments:
Maybe I need a new crockpot!
Go Staci!
YAY! (sounds much better than Morris center food! :)
Post a Comment