Saturday, February 10, 2007

It happened again...

I don't know who to blame it on...nursery, the gym day care, or just plain old bad luck, but it happened again, we are all sick!!! Poor little Mr. J woke up Thursday morning at about one and was sort of whimpering in his crib. I went in to check on him and was overcome by the stench. Thinking he was just poopy, I went to pick him up and realized that it was everywhere--diarreah. It was such a mess! So at 1 in the morning we bathed him and I washed all his bedding in HOT water, twice. So gross. I told Douglas, though, that as weird as it sounds, I feel like a "real" mom when I have to save my baby from something like that. I would say that that was the beginning of it all, but really, to get the full effect, we must go back to Wednesday.

Wednesday was a HORRIBLE day for me and my buddy. He was so grouchy and so illbehaved. I took him to story time and before we got ten minutes into it we had gone to time out, twice and he sat on my lap yelling, "go home, time out." When he would sit in time out he wanted to snuggle with me, which I wouldn't have (come on, it's time out!!). I do nurture him at other times (and although I might be faulted for this), I feel that time out is one of those places where we don't get to be lovey. Okay, I digress. Anyway, 10 minutes into it, I had enough and we left. He was upset, I was upset and we got to the car where we both started crying. Now, if you are a frequent blog reader you might think I cry all the time, but really, I think it is a pregnancy combined with a two year old thing. That is just one senario from that day. The whole day was a struggle as I think both of us were starting to feel a little under the weather.

So, another little anecdote (is that the word?) from the day. I went over to Target after the whole storytime incident, where surprisingly JAckson was really well behaved. We both like Target, so it works out well. I decided to walk over to Pier one to see if they had some baskets for Jackson's toys (they didn't, but I found and ordered some great ones from Crate and Barrel since then). I had the cart from Target so when we got to the door this older lady (60's maybe) held the door open for us. I said "Thank you" as we walked in and then heard her say, "You could say Thank you. Didn't your mother teach you any manners?" I said, "I did say thank you." and wished I had thought of all the good retorts that I thought about after the fact at that momnent, like, "Didn't your mother teach you to turn your hearing aid up?" or something equally as rude. If only I had the witty mind that Veronica Mars has?? I was again ready to cry at this point (dang, I am pathetic.), yet managed to keep it together.

So, back to the sick thing, Jackson has not eaten anything really since Wednesday. He will drink, but he snubbs everything that we offer him--even ice cream, fruitsnacks and candy. He is really not feeling well when he does that. His cousin is visiting across the street and he wants to play with her so badly. He will say, "Tummy feel better. Pay with gace (play with Grace)." I have to tell him no, not until his cough goes away. It makes him so sad. I think I will take him to Target today just to do something outside of the house. Maybe we will find a new movie or something since that is all we are doing these days. We took him to see the horsies down by my grandma's and he loved that. It is hard because we usually go to my grandma's a lot, but my SIL is visiting with Grace and her 7 week old baby, so we can't risk passing germs around. And, Douglas and I feel crummy too.

On a happy note, I finally finished and washed Jackson's quilt. I am working hard to get his room together so I can start on a nursery for new baby girl. I just need to find some tie backs for his curtains (I actually found some at Pottery barn, but I am waiting for them to go on sale.) and I need to paint and hang some letters for his name (I thought of a cute, unique way to hang them, we will see if it all pans out). And then the rest can just come as it will. I want to frame a bunch of pictures, but that will take some time. If anyone spots some navy or red sheets, let me know. They are really hard to find.

Well, my buddy just woke up crying so I need to go play mommy. I had planned on showering while he slept, but that didn't happen. He asks to go nite nite every hour or so, though, so I will get it done sometime.

No comments: