It is so beautiful outside. It is supposed to be in the 80's today and there is a cool breeze. You can't beat it. I took Jackson out walking this morning in just short sleeves. Now, I have to go and get him some shorts. Hehas none so far and I have put off the purchase. Oh, and some sandals. We will do salt waters again this year, but I need to get something that he can get on and off himself because as long as he is going to sneak out the doggie door he might as well put some shoes on first.
Speaking of the backyard...we did tons of work on Saturday and it looks pretty good for our ghetto yard. We had three garbage cans full as well as about five bags of yard debris. We have plans to make the yard less maintenance, but they will take a little time. My parents came over and gave us a lot of help which was so nice. We got our garden planted and we are going to make another garden to plant some other things. I want to try out some watermelon and canteloupe and see how they do. We planted 8 tomatoes, 4 peppers (some of those are for you, Sarah), snap peas (those we planted a few weeks back) and lots of herbs. I love fresh basil. I make it into marghareta pizzas, pesto and lots of other delicious things. I also planted cilantro this year so that we can make salsa with all our tomatoes. I really like planting a garden. And there is nothing like a homegrown tomato.
As part of the yard work Douglas and my dad trimmed the mesquite tree so we have tons of mesquite to burn. We invited some friends over tonight for a "wienie roast". You know, I don't know how to spell wienie. I think that is the first time I have ever written that word, so sorry if I butchered it. I have been busy making deviled eggs, jello salad, rice krispie treats (for the kids--I hate to waste good dessert on kids). My mom is making this delicious angel food mousse dessert and we will have chips and beans and steak fries. It should be yummy. We will have to do the picnic blanket thing since we have no patio furniture, but that is okay. It should be fun.
Jackson is so funny these days. Don't get me wrong, half the day is a fight, but he can say the funniest things. For one, he always wants the "fumidifier" on when he sleeps. We have it in there from when he was sick and now he always wants he. Also, he is a music napoleaon. He loves to sing, but if he doesn't want you singing with him, or he does want you to sing with him, he lets you know usually in the form of "NO SING MAMA." It is pretty funny. I have to explain to him that he isn't the singing boss and anyone can sing if they want to. His best song these days, or one of them, is ABC, XYZ now I know my ABC's. I think that is how his version goes. REally, who needs all those letters in the middle anyway?
Jackson pee peed on the potty for the first time. I have nothing to do with this because honestly, I have zero desire to potty train right now, but he is really interested in it. This afternoon he told me that he needed to do poo poo's and it was too late when I realized that he wanted to do them on the potty. He went up and sat there anyway and wanted his toothbrush while he did. He also like me to read him books while he sits there. I am not sure whether to capitalize on this interest or just wait until I am ready to really deal with it. Okay, that sounds really selfish, but really, it is a big committment on my part to try and potty train when he is so young. He can't even get his own pants on and off.
Well, off to finish cooking.
1 comment:
You know someone is a good friend when they plant a garden for you. Thanks.
Post a Comment