Thursday, March 01, 2007

Is this really my life?

So, it has been less than two weeks that Jackson has been two and seriously, I am not going to survive this. He is such a B-R-A-T. Yes, people try to pass it off as just being the "terrible two's" which I am sure contributes, but there has to be something that can be done. I don't thing two and brat have to be synonomous. Case in point...went to Albertsons today to get some food for our trip. They normally have cookies for the kids, but there were none out so I got Jackson a doughnut (which consequently I forgot to pay for...oops. I guess I need to make a trip back there.) Anyway, he finishes his doughnut and requests another. I explain to him that one is all that we are going to have and he FLIPS out. He screamed for a good 10 minutes as we walked through the store. I mean screamed. I should have taken him out and left, but I had deli meat that I had to pay for. I remained calm through all of this, but let me tell you, I was ready to leave him there for good. What do I do with him.

And that is just the beginning. I can't do anything except play with him without him getting mad and naughty. I can only play kid toys for so long. He even wants me to sit and watch movies with him. It drives me insane. Do I have to give up my life to have a toddler. And how is this going to work when #2 comes along.

Everything is a fight with him from getting out of his crib in the morning to getting ready for bed at night. He is not agreeable about anything.

So there it is, my life. Sad, sad tale and yes, I feel bad for myself--a whole year of this?? I won't survive.

THere goes my three minutes without him being naughty. Now he is trying to throw his tractor at the dog. I must go.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Hang in there!! I am sure it won't last a whole year. My kids have been just as challenging and I find that when they are in a phase like that I have to turn up the discipline a notch for a little while and they usually react positively after a while. I am NOT saying that if he is doing this you are probably too lax with him or something--I think ALL kids do this, and some personalities more than others. I wish I could be there to see the little guy in person and get to know him. Someday the cousins (and 2nd cousins) will play!!

Sarah said...

Like I said on Sunday, that kind of behavior is always amusing when it's not your kid, so . . . just pretend he's not yours ;)

Rachel said...

Sorry if that sounded too "advicey". Jessica told me how Jackson likes to go out the doggy door. That is hilarious!

LuLuBelle said...

Two is hard but personally I think three is worse when they argue and think they can negotiate everything with you. You just have to step back and see the humor in it...or at least keep writing about it so the rest of us can can all have a chuckle.