Wednesday, May 16, 2007

a good mom??

Sometimes I feel like I spend my time being grouchy with my child. No this, no that. Don't touch this. That bothers me. Do it again and you can go to time out, bed without reading books, no toys in the tub, no treats. I feel like such a meanie, but honestly, sometimes being a mother makes me grouchy. Or I should say, I chose to let mothering make me grouchy. I have been thinking about this the last few days. How do I change my paradigm? How do I pick and choose my battles when it all bothers me? How do I relinquish the control? How do I decide what is worth disciplining? I don't know, but something has to change because I feel grouchy all the time and I am at odds with my child all the time.

I just wish he wouldn't play with his hair after I comb it. Is that too much to ask?

3 comments:

Robyn Lamoreaux said...

Yes it is to much to ask! But we will all continue to try to get our kids to leave their hair alone regardless of whether they will or not. Once you get this baby out of you, you will be feeling a lot happier and a lot less grumpy....at least that is how I work. Pregnancy brings out the best in us:)

Rachel said...

I have days (and weeks, and sometimes months) like that, too!! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

Sarah said...

Patience young padawan.

Beware of the dark side. Anger...fear...aggression. The dark side of the Force are they. Easily they flow, quick to join you in a fight.
Yoda-