Wednesday, May 02, 2007

life is always crazy...

wouldn't you agree? Jackson has this new "trick" where he likes to pull off his diaper in his crib. If he pees in it, he just pulls his pants and diaper off and throws it on the floor. Almost every night we go in to find a little bare butt laying in his crib. And, he just pulls them off like his underware. I have scolded and scolded to no avail. Well, this morning I left him in his crib while I finished getting dressed for the day since I had my Dr. appt. and needed to be efficient. Something inside of me told me not to do it, but I did anyway. Well, I went in to check on him and he had pulled his diaper off again, but this time because it was poopy.There was poop everywhere. I don't think he actually played in it, but just pulling it off and moving it around was enough to spread it everywhere. Plus it was caked on him. I was so furious and feeling pressure to get going to my appt. I grabbed him out of his crib with clear instructions not to touch me and put him on a changing pad with clear instructions not to touch anything. He knew I was ticked because he didn't touch anything. Once I had bagged all the contaminated articles and thrown away a stuffed animal, I grabbed him under his arms and took him to the shower. It was disgusting and I am sort of at a loss as to what to do with him. I went and bought some PJs that snap and hope that might do the trick. We thought of duct taping his diaper on, but since he pulls it off like underware, that won't work. So, if any of you out there have a suggestion, please let me know. I am desperate.

On another note, I now have two upholstered gliding rockers and three ottomans in my living room.

When I got the first one, there was a tuck of fabric in the ottoman. So, I emailed the company. After two days and no response, I emailed Costco. Costco got back to me and told me that they were going to ship out another ottoman. Then, the next day the manufacturer emailed and said they would ship one out too. So, the one Costco ordered arrived, with the same defect. So, I thought, good thing the company is sending one too. Yesterday it arrived, except they sent the chair and the ottoman as well. They look great, but my understanding was that they would pick up the other chair at the same time. The delivery man said he had no instructions to do this, so he just left it. I emailed the company about it and got an email today that simply said, "donate it." Okay.

I think I will try to sell it and make some of my money back. Weird.

My goal is to have the baby's room (is it baby's or babies??) done by next Wednesday. I am feeling a little anxiety about the disorder in my house. I need to putty nail holes and paint and get all the junk out. I have one more two week break before I go to see the Dr. every week. Next appt is my strep test. I love that test.

So, the question now is, to nap or putty holes??

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Been there!! I remember when Maddie used do that and one time I went in and she had THROWN the poop all over the room. Luckily, is wasn't all squishy, if y ou know what I mean, that would have been really bad. I have no idea what to do, but can say I know how you feel! Good luck! Oh, and I say go for the Nap...

Holly said...

I, luckily, have NEVER had to deal with that. How fun on getting so many chairs and ottomans - hopefully you can make a little money on that. How funny! Oh, I say take a nap, too. In fact, take one for me. My insomnia is turning me into quite a grumpy mom. Let's see - I woke up at 2:30 this morning and yesterday was 4:30. It's killing me! If I'm not going to be able to sleep - I might as well be taking care of a baby, right? So, enjoy a nap for me!

Sarah said...

baby's (unless you've got more baking in there then you thought . . )\

Hey- let me know how much you would sell that glider for.