Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Just a quick post to say "hi"

I have but two minutes before the dairy is back in service so I thought I would jot a quick entry. Life is crazy in the Shaw house. Everything is turned upside down and everything that was "normal" is a little less than that. I keep weird hours, eat weird things, sleep whenever I can, act like I am keeping house, try to be a good mom to a two year old and have some sort of relationship with my husband. It is amazing how I forgot what this time was all about. I mean, I can't even remember what I felt with Jackson. I am just glad that it won't last forever.

Then, at the same time the thought of my sweet little Paigie growing up makes me want to cry (or actually cry depending on the time of day). There is something so heavenly about a newborn. I wonder what she thinks and dreams. I wonder if she knows who I am and who her family is. I wonder who she will grow up to be. I don't doubt that the veil is thin for her. There is just something so amazing about being trusted with one of God's children.

So, I try to enjoy this time even though I run on auto pilot. And I realize that two years from now my memories will be really clouded and I might even consider doing it again.

No comments: