The last week has been full of sleeping problems and I find my self exhausted, emotional, grumpy, patienceless, and sometimes angry. Paige is a little mixed when it comes to sleeping and it is killing me. She can go 3+ hours all day between feeds, but at night, she is waking up every 2ish hours, eating very little and passing out again. I then spend the next half hour trying to get her to wake up and eat to no avail. When I get back to bed and asleep I have an hour before it starts again. In the morning I can think it all through and realize that she is waking up before she is ready to eat and that I need to get her back to sleep without feeding her, but at night I am so tired that I can't quite think it all through that well. Anyway, I am now resolved to break this bad habit that we have gotten into...I need to or I will not survive.
On to the feeding.I am a real routine person. I feed my babies, keep them awake and then put them to sleep. It works quite well. The problem with Paige is that she does not want to eat every three hours. In fact, she will eat very little and go back to sleep or simply refuse to eat more. Of course this also totally stresses me out as I want things to run according to plan and she doesn't. What to do.
On a good note, she is fattening up quite well. Her cheeks are so chubby now, I almost don't recognize her as the baby I brought home. She is pretty content most of the time and has started smiling at me. There is nothing like a baby's first gummy smiles.
On another negative note...I still fit into none of my clothes. I can't find any that fit me either. I guess the solution is to stay inside all the time.
Anyway, that is it for griping. I forgot how hard this first stage is. I know I am nearing the end of it and as sad as it is to see my little baby grow, I am ready for it.
1 comment:
OK--I feel for you but really, this post is useless without pictures of the chubby cheeks!
My babies were horrible with routine...and I still don't fit into my regular clothes. My "baby" is 21 months. Good luck with that :0)
Post a Comment