Thursday, November 06, 2008

Dear Blogging Friends,

I feel the need to get on a little political soapbox for a while. This is not about who won the election, but rather us as americans. First off, I am so sick of hearing people say, "we need a change". What the heck is that supposed to mean anyway? A change from what? I will tell you what kind of change I think we need...we need a change of the American people feeling entitled to anything and everything they want. Since when have so many "wants" become "neccessities"? Why are we not saving when the going is good? Why do we feel like the rich owe us something? It annoys the living you know what out of me. It is not a governments responsibilty to make sure things are always smooth sailing for us. I am not rich by any stretch of the imagination, but we make do. We budget (I am not always perfect at sticking to it, I must say) and we recognize our position. Do I hope to be rich some day, you better believe it, but if it doesn't happen I sure hope I am just happy with what I have because I recognize it is a lot and I will continue working hard to achieve our goals.

On a different vein, I am also sick of everyone bad mouthing George Bush. He has done a ton for us as a president...mainly kept our country safe since 911. I imagine that is not an easy task. I don't agree with all his fiscal policies, but you know what, he has kept us in an offensive position with the terrorists and to me, that means a ton. I am glad we are fighting them on their soil and not ours. And frankly, we need to finish the job we went over there to do. I am all for bringing our troops home, but not until we have finished the job we started. So, everyone get off his case. He has been a good president with good morals and I truly believe the desire to do what is best for this country. I appreciate that he is a religious man as well, because so am I and I want a president who prays and tries to have some divine guidance. It is not George Bush's fault that we are in an economic downturn, not the repulican party...sure there are certain factors that influenced it, but really the economy does this. It will get better and until then we may just have to forgo that new pair of shoes.

You know what change I want to see. I want all of us (me included) to be wiser with what we have, more grateful for what we have and a whole lot less selfish. There you go.

10 comments:

Tara said...

Diddo!!

Marlan said...

JFK:

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country?

Couldn't agree more. Copying to my blog.

Stephanie said...

Amen sista!

staci said...

I totally agree! Doesn't that feel good to get that out to the world?? I would also like to add one more thing - why do those people that were not in favor of Proposition 8 insist on protesting in front of the church office building and temples? Um, hello??!! The LDS church was not the ONLY church in favor of Prop 8!! Why aren't they out there protesting at all the other churches as well?? I guess the church is just an easy target, but it hardly seems fair or right that they are protesting just the LDS church. Guess this is a sign of the times huh?

farmgirl said...

You-go-girl. Next time please don't hold back so much, let us know how you really feel. ;0)

Unknown said...

Stace, You are hilarious! I agree tremendously with the fact that is because of OUR choices that we are in an economic downfall... People can blame whoever they want but when they have a $5500 house payment, an Escalade that isn't even worth what they owe along with another car payment and 3 loans for toys...then I believe they have no one to blame but themselves! There are a ton of homes going into foreclosure in my neighborhood and it makes me crazy to see the lack of responsibility that people take for it!
Whew! thanks for letting me get a little off my chest:)

jen said...

Very well said!

Sarah said...

Way to cut loose Stacia! I can actually hear your voice when I read your post. There's power in those words . . . now, where's my government handout???

Anonymous said...

That was very well said...and exactly how I feel.

Bri!!! said...

I too am so sick of the entitlement of many Americans. I honestly don't understand how Democrats believe spreading the wealth is a good thing. It drives me crazy.