The kids were adorable in my opinion and Jackson loved every bit of Halloween especially passing out candy. I have tons left (I only bought one bag!!) which is bad news for me.
Paige was fine dressed up too and even kept her scarf on. Their costumes were very challenging to make and I assure you the craftmanship is shoddy at best, but hey, I did it. I am already thinking about our theme for next year.
J has forgotten about his candy, but not his costume. He has enjoyed wearing it for days. It is already missing two buttons which he told me he "sworded" off. Great.
Now on to Thanksgiving. Have I mentioned I love this time of year. My goal this year is to stick in my budget with everything. I get a little out of control this time of year.
D got me an IPOD for my birthday. Have you heard of those? THey are really cool you can put music on them and take them wherever you go (Just kidding, I am making fun of the fact that it took me this long to get one.) Any recommendations on good music? I like fairly mellow (Jack Johnson is a favorite) but I am kind of out of it when it comes to music. I would love suggestions.

You have to love J's pirate face in that first one!!

10 comments:
I am impressed- both that you made those cute costumes and that Douglas wore his all day. (I can actually see him acting like a pirate though.) I never dress up. Anyway, thanks for your comment on my blog. Things are going better!
Stace,
You crafty lady! I love the costumes and good luck getting Jackson to wear anything else! Your a fun mom! My advice is to stick with 2 kids or the fun somewhat goes out the window j/k!
Really cute costumes! Pirates rock! You should bring Jackson by early on Saturday night (around 4 or 5pm) before Jaycie's party so he can see the decorations for Jaycie's 16th birthday party....Pirates of the Carri bean theme!
You are incredible. I can't imagine making one costume, much less four. You all look awesome!
You guys did look great. I love that Douglas didn't shave to "fit the part". And, hey that's a sacrifice on your part too. ;0) I can't wait to see the creations next year. What else can your wig do for you? Hmmm.....
You guys were an awesome pirate family! Is there ANYTHING you can't do? I can't wait for next year's costumes. Could there be a stripper family in the works??? ;)
I'm running out the door, so please excuse misspellings, and grammar mistakes. First, music suggestions- Lenka (my new favorite singer), Regina Spektor, Blue Man Group, and Josh Groban. Second, very cool costumes! Love them! I'm coming down for Thanksgiving, I hope I'll be able to see you!
they turn out super cute! and you dressed up...i am impressed!
Love the costumes! I love Halloween!!!
I love pirate Pocahontas the best. I think you should make those braids a Halloween tradition.
Post a Comment