Wednesday, April 28, 2010

bedtime woes

I don't get it. Why can't they understand that once the kiss and hug have been administered, I am off duty until morning. No, Paige continues to yell to me from her locked door (yes, I am that mother...I lock my children in when they won't stay put...it is for their good) that she has to go potty. Nevermind that the last time she went was, well, 5 minutes ago. I am telling ya, that girl can pee on demand (though I am HAPPY to announce that she is finally potty trained through the night...unless I put her in my bed, and then she will pee). I digress. I just wish they could understand that I am OFF DUTY. Mean mom has arrived. I promise chitlens, you don't want to mess with me once I am off the clock.

Speaking of pee. Why is it that the life of a young mother involves so much bathroom related stuff? I am trying to get J to keep his pants dry at night or at least not pee so much that I am washing his sheets EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. I made a deal that every day he gets right up and goes potty (yes, he will lay in bed and relieve himself first thing in the morning--don't even get me talking about that...) and his bed is dry he can play the Wii. Did I mention that I love that machine. No, I didn't. I should have bought it YEARS ago. It is the first thing that provides any real motivation for that child. So, I told J I would get him up in the night before I retire and help him go potty. Last night I went in, helped him stumble to the bathroom, helped him get his pants down and WATCH OUT that thing was already a sprayin. I jumped and hollered. That stopped him up pretty quickly. There is nothing better than wiping down my bathroom at midnight.

I wish I would stay on top of this thing. My kids say some of the darndest things and by the time I sit down, I can't remember any of them.

And why is it that celebrity gossip affects my life. I have been feeling so sad for Sandra Bullock. I won't even say what I think of her husband. Now with that new baby...she must be a strong person. I just don't understand why people can't be faithful.

We are trying to get all the loose ends tied up and what not before we move. I decided to take the car in to get checked out. Ouch. That hurt. Sometimes it is better not to know (until of course you have a major problem because you didn't take care of the smaller ones).

Well, there you go, a bunch of rambling. Not even a picture to go along with it. You can't have it all, right?

3 comments:

annebabe said...

love that J man is properly motivated to play the wii. and I'm with you, why can't Jesse James (and Tiger Woods and many other husbands) keep their friggin' pants on? I mean seriously, their wives are gorgeous and they still stray. sigh. their loss. I hope they live with bitter regret the rest of the lives for being unfaithful in their marriages. How's that for a Christlike attitude? ;)

Tara said...

I'm sorry about the midnight cleaning. That may be due to my suggestion.

Oh and I feel quite sad for Sandra Bullock as well.

jen said...

It is always nice to have something that motivates your child. The Wii used to work at our house. The newness has worn off now I guess. I hope it solves little J's night time problems!

I totally hear ya on the off duty mom thing. Ashton is the worst staller on the planet and it drives me crazy!!