Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dieting Woes

So, I have a love hate relationship with dieting. Let's be honest friends, I love treats. I can say no to candy (though I also enjoy that) but when it comes to cookies, cakes, breads, muffins, brownies etc. I just don't have what it takes to say no.

I also love when I feel good about my body and am sans muffin top. My midsection likes a little extra padding so the second the weight comes on, it goes straight to the middle. There really is nothing better, though, than feeling like your bod looks hot. My grandma has a quote that says, "nothing tastes as good as thin feels." It is true.

None the less, in that moment of eating, I can continually forget this and that cookie wins out. It is the same with getting up early. I may know that it needs to be done, but when that alarm goes off, there is little that makes me actually commit to getting out of bed. I have the amazing ability to turn the alarm off and go right back to sleep even when I know it will throw my whole day off and I will regret it later.

Same with staying up late. I am seeing a trend...self discipline is just not my thing, I guess.

So, as you can imagine, trying to lose weight is no fun. I mean, of course it isn't. Having self discipline isn't a strength and eating is, well, just really enjoyable.

When Douglas decided that he needed to loose some poundage I decided to get on board too. I mean, I can do anything for 11 weeks and when it is really important I can muster up enough will power to do it. We are two weeks into Weight Watchers. I have done it before and let me tell you, it is much easier when someone is suffering with you. I eat a lot of Golden Spoon and spend my points foolishly, oft times, but I have already lost a few.

And I have been running. Never thought I would say that, but I am actually sort of enjoying it. Go figure.

But, all this being said, I have been at my brothers for the last week and dieting while on vacation is tough. I have a lot of repenting to do when I get home, but until then, I think I will enjoy another chocolate chip cookie (have I ever mentioned they are my fav??). Shhh...don't tell Douglas.

5 comments:

annebabe said...

hello. do I know you? My name is Anne and I used to have a friend named Staci but she is in a weird/crazy place now called "Getting ready to sell a house and move." I would make treats for her but she is on a diet. I might just kidnap her this week and whisk her away to a tropical getaway so I can see her. ;)

farmgirl said...

Ohhhhh I hear ya LOUD AND CLEAR. I am NOT a dieter. Not. a. dieter. I am a runner, but I am not doing nearly enough of that either. The blue berry crumble (yes, I have named my muffin top) has got to go--cant' wear hoodies forever. Something about turning 35 and having a stressful year I put on some extra poundage...not cool. And hello? Eating decent on a trip? That is the hardest thing ever. Good luck to you, my friend. May you find all the self discipline you seek...
and when you do, bring some to me.
:o)

jen said...

I wish this post-baby body of mine was in shape enough to keep up with your running. I would totally come along. I am so impressed that on top of getting ready to move that you are exercising and dieting! You have much more self discipline than I do.

Pitcherpost said...

oh I can relate, all too well! I'm greasing up my keyboard right now with my cookie fingers and wearing pants with an elastic waistband b/c none of my pre-pregnancy clothes fit. And yes, cookies with chocolate do taste better then skinny feels, unfortunately!

Alyssa Walker said...

I started WW a week ago with Tara. I now realize how much I eat when I don't pay attention. Why does food have to be so good? I definitely think you are awesome for running, I can never do it.