Thursday, April 29, 2010

Slowly...

I am turning into witchy mom. You see, I have never been good with sleep deprivation and Paige being sick = very little sleep. That sweet thing is mega hyprocondriac. I told her she needed some tylenol today and you would have thought I told her we were heading to Disneyland. It is strange. She asks to go to doctors, take medicine, use the humidifier. Anywho, she is also a sweet little thing that has a very, I mean VERY strong preference for....ME. and only ME. It should be endearing, but not at 2am when I send Douglas in to deal with her and I hear her flip out because she wants me.

I gave up and she has slept in my bed all week. Much better than getting up and going to her room 20 times a night. Douglas has slept in her room so that I don't freak in the middle of the night when I am cocooned in by him and my horizontally sleeping daughter. (and D has the gall to whine about being tired today...love him, but come on, have some sympathy.)

Now, J has croup as well. My sleepless nights are doubtless coming to an end any time soon. Is there any chance I will get off scott free from this whole coughing extravaganza? Not a chance. I have two little love bugs who have hacked in my face so many times today that I can't even count.

I just wish I could stay nice when I get tired. I can't. I have been trying for almost 32 years now. No sleep = Watch out.

Then, add having to keep my house clean. The word of choice is similar to witch, but a little more profane. I made J sit on the floor to watch a movie today because I had fixed the pillows on the couch and didn't want him to mess them up. Please pray that this house will sell soon so I can go back to my messy ways again. We are much happier that way.

Whine whine, right? I feel a little whiney this week. And I am not even going to try to think of five happy things to lift my spirits. I am tired and I think I will go to bed (for the hour or two I get before playing mom again) instead.

2 comments:

farmgirl said...

We speak the same sleep language. I know I am known as an early riser, that does not mean I ever go without sleep--I just go to bed early and/or (most preferably) take a nap. I am a total train wreck without sleep. So I feel for you and your sleepless nights and I do hope they come to an end soon for you.

Anonymous said...

Sleepless nights are the worst. Is that why I am not pregnant? Probably. But sleepless nights with older children are the worst. Sorry! I'm feeling for you over here!