so, my kitchen is still a mess from dinner. Arg. After cooking dinner, cleaning up the mess is the last thing that I want to do, yet there it waits. I usually try to do it right after, but today we dashed out for the kids flu shots which luckily turned out to be mists.
You see, the craziness started when I decided to take some pics of the kids before dinner and the dr. We got out to the beautiful tree and before I was able to take a SINGLE shot, Paige was in tears that continued until we left. I finally got her to calm down, my battery died and we were done. She had pink puffy eyes anyway.
Why is she such a pain sometimes? If only she could see my vision.
And, BTW, this was round two of these pics. The last session, on Sunday, had the same outcome. I think I will buy a Barbie to bribe her with. Jackson is good with the promise of dessert. Love that kid.
So, we rush out the door to get to the dr. Half way there J has to go numero dos so so badly...as in moaning, groaning and crying (literally) in the back seat. We are stuck in construction and just barely going to make it on time, but nope, I really thought he was going to have an accident. We ran into a beauty salon with such urgency they were probably scared. He took care of it and 15 minutes (yes 15!) we were on the road again. Oh the adventures of motherhood.
Feeling a little blah. Wish I was home, my old home. I said that last post too, right. I am just feeling a wee bit lonely these days. I just wish someone would reach out. I know, I know, I should just do it myself, but life is overwhelming enough and I just can't take on one more emotional thing. It would be much easier if people just came to me. Plus, I made squash soup tonight and my kids just didn't appreciate it. Where are you Anne? I need you to come and appreciate with me.
I am going to invite a friend over for P tomorrow. She asks everyday to which I reply, "we don't have any friends" to which she replies, "yes I do." and proceeds to name off all the girls in her nursery class. I wish I was so confident. She even now mentions her previous arch nemesis "Fibian" (Vivian) as a friend. She didn't like her for quite some time because she would take her toys in nursery. I am going to invite her nursery friend because really, it is just me and my insecurities that keep me from calling a ward member I barely know to have her daughter come over. Paige would do it in a second and think nothing of it.
Made a bushels worth of applesauce Tuesday. That is 13 quarts and some. Will do another bushel tomorrow. I borrowed a nifty little applesauce maker which has made the job much easier...no peeling or coring! I like applesauce. I like pork chops and applesauce. Yum.
Jackson is thrilled that he gets to go on a "film" trip next week. Add a cute lisp to him saying "film trip" and it just really doesn't get much cuter.
Does anyone spend much of their day rhyming with their kids and singing songs from PBS kids? I do.
Member the table I mention in every post? It is finished. Let's hear it...Hooray! Now I just have six chairs to finish up. The table looks pretty spiffy though. No one can eat at it though. It is only to look at. It took way too long to redo and I think I might get very angry if anyone mares it in any way.
I feel that way about cleaning too. Must be why I do it so infrequently.
Well, off to deal with the inevitable. and laundry. It never ends, does it?
2 comments:
Here I am!! pick me! I'm right here!!
oh friend. How I wish you were here too. I could use a bowl of soup and a friend to cry my troubles to. damn your ambitious husband who took you away from me. Ok, perhaps that too strong. how about this? He owes you a cruise without kids post graduation? We're coming too, of course. Lets hope we survive the long months ahead!!
Pictures of the table???
Ally still think Paige lives at Grandma Doty's and can't understand why I wont let her go get Paige at Michigan (aka Grandma Doty's). I have tried to explain it a million times but it is not sinking in.
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment