Wow, I feel like I was run over by a tanker right now. Between Douglas getting in and out of bed last night and Jackson waking up screaming I am beat. Every so often Jackson will wake up in the night screaming and after 10 minutes of not going back to sleep I will go in to Bink him. The problem is that he doesn't want me to leave. Usually I am kind hearted enough to sit in the rocker for a while until he is out of it enough that I can get on the floor and crawl out, but last night I just didn't have the patience for it so I Binked him, read him a book and kissed him good night and walked out as he screamed on the top of his lungs. I shut his door and mine, put my hand over my ear and eventually fell back to sleep. I don't know that he ever did, but I couldn't deal with being up again. Am I a horrible mom or what.
And now, I am watching my friends kids all day. I so wanted a good night sleep for this event (two year old twins).
Jackson has started doing the cutest thing. There is this part on Baby Mozart where a dinosaur puppet comes out and moves its head back and forth and finally says "blah". When J hears this part in BE he hurries to the family room shaking his head back and forth like the dino and then says "Baaa" when the dino sticks out his tongue. It is really cute if I do say so myself.
So is it normal for kids to be able to stay focused on a movie at two years old? Just wondering.
Well, I guess I will go and eat something healthy for breakfast. I ate three desserts yesterday and I am still feeling a little guilty about it. I guess I just felt bad for myself since it was my anniversary and I had a sick hubby. Very uneventful. At least we are headed to park city this weekend sin baby for a little getaway. That will be nice.
I now have two two year olds hanging out by me so I will sign off. Hasta pronto.
4 comments:
Maddie and Gracie loved that part of BE as well. Sorry you are so tired. Hope you have a nice getaway. (Do we get to see you?)
Hannah did that same thing on finding Nemo. I think it was the part where Nemo was being disobedient (!) But I can't remember the word that she would say in exact unison with the movie. Sometimes I wasn't sure if she said it, or the movie just got really loud for that one word. It was about the same age, too. And I thought my child was the only weird one. (cute weird).
Yep...my girls, especially Gracie anticipated that "blah" dinosuar part and then laughed there heards off! Whoever decided to put that part in the movie really knew what they were doing.
I'm not sure if I should be leaving a comment on this, but I am sitting at my desk at 10:15 in the night waiting for my comp to finish his work on the computer. It has been a long day, but as always, I get a smile out of reading the latest about you, Jackson, and Douglas. I miss you all and hope you are doing well.
Post a Comment