Sunday, May 28, 2006

Chitter Chatter

Just back from SLC. It was a quick trip--too quick almost. I would have loved to shop a little more, but we ran out of time. I did however, manage to spend like $150 at baby gap in the ten minutes I was in there. I just finished sorting through the clothes for the second time since I got home. Why do I derive so much pleasure out of buying baby clothes. I don't feel this about my own clothes, but there is something about cute little clothes that is so fulfilling. Also, Jackson always looks cute in his clothes, whereas with me, it is hit and miss. I guess I need to have another boy so at least I can justify all the clothes that Jackson has. In my defense, I do buy just about everything on sale. So, that is how I justify it.

It was cold and rainy in SLC. We brought no unbrella. It was really wet. Running from the conference center to the temple was like taking another shower. We were soaked by the time we got there. The sealing was nice. But the bride had the most gorgeous dress that I have ever seen. Seriously. I was actually feeling jealous over this dress. It was totally vintage looking with lace and a high lacy neck. I can't even explain it, but it was amazing. And she had this huge, draping bouquet. Dang I wish I had great fashion sense. It is not my forte by any means and even given unlimited resources, I don't think I could have ever come up with a dress like this girls. To really validate this dress however, was the fact that all the men we were with, including my husband, kept commenting on the dress as well.

Went to Pottery Barn Kids to buy J's bedding--don't carry it in the store. I was really annoyed and ended up buying nothing. So irritating.

Well, this will be a busy week. We are off to Orlando in Wednesday night and I work all day Tuesday, so, I will have to be really productive tomorrow. I have tons of wash to do and my goal is to not be packing as we are running out the door. I want to have everything layed out early.

We bought a portable DVD player and that made all the difference with traveling with Jackson. He say and watched baby eintein and even the first half hour of lady and the tramp. Totally worth the $$.

I am still sick. I can't seem to shake this thing. I will think I am getting better and then the next hour I am totally congested again. Jackson also has a runny nose and cough. If I am not better by Wednesday I am going to go to the doctor and make sure it isn't some bacterial thing. Just what I want to do during a busy week.

Off to put some clothes in the washer.

No comments: