1. Douglas is the 3rd of 5 kids-1st boy
2. Born in Plano, TX
3. Brown hair and hazel eyes
4. Has lived in Mississippi , but was raised in Marietta, Georgia
5. Doesn't have much of a southern accent thanks to his mother who is from ID, but does say the word oil or boil like a southerner. I think it is really cute.
6. Received a bachelor's degree in Environmental Science from BYU
7. Went to SUU after that and received an Associate's Degree in Construction Management
8. Is the Southern Utah Manager for Hughes General Contractors
9. LOVES his job
10. Drove a Ram Charger at the end of high school and at BYU. It made the worst noise whenever you would turn a corner. We finally sold it a year after we got married for $600 (we thought we were rich with that much).
11. Played football at BYU--fullback if I remember correctly
12. Says he wasn't very good at BYU and quit playing after two years so that he could hike more (I think anyone that plays college ball must be pretty good!)
13. Was MVP numerous times during his high school football career.
14. Wrestled and ran track in high school as well.
15. Took second in state in wrestling and only person to letter 12 times.
16. Isn't built at all like a long jumper
17. Is not a sports spectator--if he is not playing, he is definitely not watching. I bet he couldn't tell you who played in the Super Bowl this past year.
18. LOVES to hike and canyoneer.
19. Is a repelling pro. When we met I thought he was probably reckless, but he is one of the safest and most knowledgeable canyoneerers I know. He won't do stupid stuff and knows how to get out of any pickle. He is definitely the one to go with if you are new to repelling.
20. Has a red beard
21. Wore a beard in high school (?) and his freshman year at BYU (had a beard card)
22. Empties all garbage cans and takes out the garbage every Sunday night.
23. The first time he went out of the country was to Italy for 72 hours about six months after we married...spontaneous trip!
24. Loves to read, especially spy novels.
25. Wasn't much of a sweets eater until he met me.
26. LOVES sandwiches (one of my least fav. things)
27. Loves left over cafe rio salad
28. Loves leftovers for breakfast
29. Great woodworker. Her made our butcher block counter top and is enrolled in a woodworking class this semester (I already have many projects for him to do for me :))
30. Is a great Dad and Jackson adores him.
31. Is not a great yard worker...I am happy just to get the lawns mowed.
32. Favorite color is navy blue.
33. Never flossed until about 4 months ago.
34. Never gets cavities (no fair!!)
35. Dated a lot at BYU (probably one of the few). He actually asked girls out just to get to know them. If he didn't we would never have gone out or got married.
36. Loves peanut butter and puts it on pancakes in place of syrup.
37. Served a mission in Alabama.
38. Is a horrible speller.
39. Never cracked his books in college. He would sit in the front row, take notes and get good grades (I never liked people like that!)
40. Worked as a psychiatric tech for a wilderness rehab program for youth. Loved it.
41. Is an expert survivalist.
42. Super into food storage which is why under every bed in the house is filled with it.
43. Great, creative cook. He will clean out the fridge and it even tastes good!
44. Loves to camp and backpack.
45. Always makes me drive when we are together (I am a better driver :))
46. Loud and outgoing...you always know when he is around. In fact I thought he was a little obnoxious when we first met because of this.
47. People always like D.
48. Very smart about many different things (and that is not just me saying it because I am his wife!)
49. Will watch ANY movie that I pick out.
50. Loved very much by his adoring wife :).

blue steel.
6 comments:
What a fun post!! I learned so much about Douglas. Never flossed and no cavities. That is amazing. I can't quite picture him with a beard. It would be fun to see old pics!!
I might have to steal your post idea and do one about Dallin someday. How fun to have all that written down.
Blue Steel and sex appeal.
I mean dead sexy!! who would'nt want to get lost in the woods with that hunk of man?
Oooh- I almost have a crush on Douglas just reading that.
XOXOXO
that blue steel photo is going to be the cover of the 2008 jackman family calendar, okay?
That was fun to read! I didn't know all that stuff. I did know him during the beard days though. In fact I'm always kind of surprised to see his face without one. It's been a long time!
Post a Comment