I love this smile. You should see Jackson try to get her to smile. Actually, I am going to try to record it. It is scary and oh so funny. He is having some issues in the smiling department. So, I have this new idea that I am going to try to take a picture of the kids each Sunday to track their growth. We will see how many weeks I last with that one.
Paige is the best little baby. She slept from 10 to 5 last night. Hallelujah. Unfortunately it probably won't happen again tonight, but one can hope. She is always a happy little thing. I can't believe how much she has chubbied up. Do you think she looks like either of us?
And here is the reason I am not sure how long this picture this will last...Jackson. I totally bribed him to sit here for this picture, but notice he wouldn't actually hold on to Paige. Also, he has a smile only a mother could love. I never realized that smiling is a learned skill. Jackson was on a rampage this weekend. I tried to let him be a big boy and wear pull ups at night. Bad idea...every night he took it off, put his pj pants back on and I woke up to him crying in the middle of the night and his bed, and all his bedding soaked. This happened two nights in a row. Ahhhh...it is bad enough getting up to feed, but to change sheets, no thanks. Last night he did it to be a stinker. At about 9pm he was still up. We went in and he had thrown out all of the things he didn't want nasty and then peed in the crib. A little deliberate? I would say so. We have now threatened to take away the bink (yes, he still sleeps with a binky at night--not ready to fight that battle). That threat should work. He is petrified to lose the binkie.Jackson also flushed his underwear down the toilet yesterday and Douglas found him right after he attempted to do the same with his shorts. The undies made it down, the shorts, no--luckily. That kid is going to be the end of me. Am I going to survive the two year old stage. Praytell it gets better or I am going to be loony before this ends. Oh, and now he pees on the potty like "daddy". He devised this himself--climbs on the seat, puts his knees on it facing the lid, leans his head on the lid and aims down. Kind of ingenious actually, but WHAT? Don't even get me started on the germ aspect of all of this. I am just envisioning a public restroom. NASTY.
J is a TOTAL daddy's boy these days. In fact, if D is home, J wants nothing to do with me. I don't complain...hehe. It is when the weekend ends and Jackson is calling for dada to get him up. I show up and he is not happy. Sorry buddy, this is as good as it gets when dad is gone. D is so good with he though. They sit and play and watch movies together. They love to pillow fight which mainly consists of D pelting J with pillow, J falling over and cracking up. Guys are so weird.
Well, another week is upon us. I made this profound statement to Douglas for which he is still making fun of me. I know what I meant. I said, "life is so...life" meaning that is just happens. Most of the time it is the same old thing, but for some reason it brings us so much happiness. When we talk about the kids after they go to sleep it is so easy to realize why we love them. God was smart when he made the last time we see our children when they sleep. There is something so peaceful about a sleeping child.
I guess I should feed my kid breakfast. Life.
2 comments:
Darling. And I know J's little faces usually arent what youa re going for, but still darling. It's hard when I'm taking pictures of kids and their parents are yelling at them to smile normal and then the kid gets upset and the parents are upset because they didnt get their patented smile. But the pouty pictures turn out cute anyway.
I know you're not like that. But my point was.....cute.
oh heavens-- that smile is crazy-cute. I haven't seen her grin like that. Those are reserved for those who truly earn it. She looks so old . . . I am not sure why your kid growing older makes me a bit sad. But it does.
Post a Comment