Long story short since it is late and I have tried to go to bed earlier...
Had Westons and Jackmans over for dinner. We used to get together once a month and make dinner together, but we got out of the habit months ago (because it was my turn and I never planned it). Finally I got my act together and had everyone over. Here are a few things I learned today.
1. three kids under three in a small area equals a lot of hitting, yelling, pushing, tattle-telling and NOISE!
2. Paige does not like to sleep when a large group is over.
3. Paige gets very sad without much sleep.
4. 2.5 gallons of rootbeer is A LOT
5. Five pounds of dry ice that goes crashing to the ground really burns one's feet.
6. I can do a totally cool matrix move to get off of said ice when it is burning my feet.
7. Chicken tenders left on the grill for about an hour while more dry ice is purchased results in really over done chicken.
8. Chicken grilled too long will actually melt.
9. Pizza can take a long time to make and your kitchen will look like something blew up in it.
10. I get really tense and stressed with too much noise and chaos in my house.
11. When Jackson says he needs to throw up, he sometimes really needs to throw up.
12. Cream puffs require both egg yolk and white--(I read the directions wrong the first time and only put the yolks in--not pretty).
13. I love paper plates.
14. Good friends are worth more than gold! They forgive your crazy quirks, stay and help clean up and are really great and easy to talk with (I know that ends in a preposition, but I am to tired to figure out how to rephrase it).
Needless to say, it was a crazy and fun night.
6 comments:
Sounds like a party--why weren't the Laytons invited? I'm sure my five kids would have been polite and reverent and would have taught the other kids by their perfect examples!
fun times. i will always remember your super cool matrix move till the day i die.
lol how funny!
I am truly sorry I missed it...
Hope you enjoyed the remainder of pizza and root beer. Our family group of 'sickies' got to enjoy it again and again and again . . . Oh the joy of GI bugs; got to love 'em.
(We don't blame you; we had it coming on before the dinner)
And such wise lessons you learned . . . but you forgot the most important.
#1 When it's fresca vs. rootbeer, always always side with rootbeer.
haha...still not sure you are worth the $.25 that fresca cost me. hmmph.
Post a Comment