Sunday, August 24, 2008

a few things I love about Jackson

No matter how asleep he is, when we go to check on him and tell him we love him he will always say, "wuv you too."

All his "l's" sound like "w's"

He will always try to sing along to any song you sing and has a cute habit of licking his lip and mumbling along with you like he know the words.

The other day when Paige was choking on a noodle he burst into tears because, "I wuv my sista so much."

He started preschool last week and the mom who was in charge afterwards told me how happy and cooperative he was and that anything she said they were going to do he would reply, "fun."


I just need to remember why he is so great some days, especially days where we battled him in a dark chapel for two hours during stake conference.

6 comments:

Marlan said...

You take your kid to Stake Conference?!? If I thought church was canceled on Stake Conference before, taking a kid only reinforced it for me.

Actually, that isn't true. In our last two stakes, the smart parents have had conference hooked up in the primary room and somebody opened up the nursery toys. Big hit. Sometimes, even if the toys aren't out the Relief Society room is a better alternative than the cultural hall.

jen said...

You forgot to mention that he has the cutest little voice ever. It makes me smile every time I hear him talk :).

saramarilee said...

I saw him punching you on the way out of the chapel on Sunday. Steve and I had a good laugh--just glad it wasn't us this time (my sister took Gabe during Stake Conference!)

annebabe said...

i love your dad's comment! that is travis' sentiment, stake conference equals canceled church. :) kudos for taking j man anyway. and its sooo cute to see sibling love, how happy that he has a sista to wuv.

Jen Richards said...

He is so adorable, and even though he causes you trouble, he is really such a sweet little boy. I am so glad I was able to meet him and Paige! Don't you LOVE the age that Paige and Daniel are at? They are so fun right now.

Tara said...

I completely understand the part about reminding myself why I love, no not love, but like my children, sometimes liking them is harder, I always love them! You know how Lincoln can be and every night I tell him 3 reasons I love him so much because some days(bad days) he may not realize it! Anyway, I now have a blog and no blogging friends as of yet, so will you please be my friend?
Tara