The movers come tomorrow. My husband lives in St. Louis during the week. I go to bed really late. I don't eat enough. It was one of "those" days, you know, the kind where you almost burst into tears at Paige's dance dress rehearsal when you realize that your camera battery is dying and by the time you get the phone out to try and video the event (no cameras allowed at the actual recital), the dance is over. One of those days when you lose it with the kids when you go into their room and they have switched beds, opened the blinds and are screwing around when it is already WAY past bedtime. One of those days when you realize there is still SO much to organize before the movers come.
I am excited for this day and the few that follow, to pass quickly. The packers will be here at 8am tomorrow. They didn't get the memo that I don't do early mornings and I have a kid to get off to school at 8:30am. On a side note, I woke at 8:30am today (I guess my lecture about not waking me in the morning sunk in). We got Jackson dressed, fed and to school by the second bell at 8:42. Don't ask me how. He enjoyed his second hot lunch of the year today. I am just too cheap to pay for hot lunch. Plus, it is such gross food. I just can't do it.
We should close on the house on Friday. Whether we will or not, is yet to be seen. What a hassle. I will be so happy for it all to be over. Both realtors involved were pretty useless. I am happy to have my own house with more space though. It will be such a luxury. We are blessed and I recognize that. The kids are excited too which is such a relief. The plan is to load up the car on Tuesday and head out early. I am so anxious to be there. The movers should unload on Wednesday and then Douglas has to fly to GA (a little unexpected, but it is what it is) Friday to pick up a car. We are proud owners, for the first time in our marriage of our own, two cars. Then, we will have about a week before we load up again and drive across country to Utah for a couple of weeks.
Paige was a pill this evening. That child. She needs to go to bed around 6pm, but that isn't practical so we have to deal with her being tired for the last two hours before I can get everyone down. With swimming on Tuesday and dance on Wednesday, this has been a crazy two months! She looked so, so cute in her ballet costume though. She loves dancing and is quite good at it.
We ate out tonight. I think we will be doing that for the next week or longer. I just can't cook on top of everything else. I am soon heading to the kitchen to clean up and hopefully run one of my last loads of dishes. I really can't believe my time here is coming to a close. And, I can't believe that I am going to be living in St. Louis, Missouri. I am not ready to start over. Michigan was a rough two years, socially. Thank heavens for a couple of good friends and amazing neighbors.
The suitcases are packed. I am sure I left something behind for myself. That always seems to happen.
Bennett is a joy to all of us. He is getting up on his knees and wants to get around. He turns in circles, but hasn't quite figured out how to move across a room. That is good right now. He is finally sitting well too. Nice carpet will be a welcome thing for him!
Jackson finishes school on Friday. I will miss his teacher. She has been so great for him. He is reading on an L level (far beyond his grade). He devours books. I can't keep enough in the house. I need to find a library in Eureka right away. Did I mention our house will be in a city named Eureka. Such a silly name. Oh well.
I don't feel like I have been the best mother lately. I have been tired which is directly related to my patience and tolerance. I will be happy to be with Douglas again and not have work (pictures, that is) that I have to work on at night. I need to go to bed at least a little earlier. I think that would help a ton. I have been so grouchy lately. Blah. Hope it passes soon.
Speaking of late, it is already that and I need to shower for tomorrow and finish up in the kitchen.
1 comment:
Oh Stace, I so feel your pain about buying a house & closing. It is totally a hassle. I honestly don't know how people do it that buy & sell all the time. It's seriously one of the most stressful things. Hopefully it all went well & you are well on your way to St. Louis!! Such an adventure. Crossing my fingers that your new ward/area will have some people you can connect with & be friends with. Moving is just all around hard. Starting over is hard. I know what you're going through. :)
Post a Comment