Friday, March 31, 2006

Is it only noon??

Wow, what a day. Jackson is getting one of his teeth (at least I think it is only one) and he is mr. crabby!!! He wants me to sit and entertain him all day long. Wow. I know 20 years from now I will think back and wonder why I didn't, but right now I need to do laundry and clean and maybe pay a bill or two. If I make it through this week I should at least be made R.S. president or something.

So I painted the ceiling in Jackson's room. Not as hard as I thought it would be. It took me about an hour this morning. I know I will have to touch up a little, but it is progress.

I went to a stake YW meeting last night. It was really long and they talked a lot about camp. I am jealous of all the women that get so excited, but truth be told, I don't have any fond memories of girls camp. They are doing a mission theme which will be interesting. My suggestion was that they have to wear skirts the whole time, but everyone thought I was kidding. What better taste of mission life??

I have tons of laundry stacked on Jackson's new cardboard fort. I try to fold it while he plays, but inevitably it gets unfolded be my dear sweet son before I get a chance to finish. Why do I even try??

My friend Anne and I are starting a little business selling braclets and hairbows. I am telling you, I should be Jewish because I want to make money with everything I do. Plus it helps to pay for little hobbies. Poor Jackson has to be my hairbow model. I figure if it fits on his head, it will fit on any baby head because he is, as the pediatrician put it, "top of the charts" for head size. My little overachiever. Love it. If he wasn't so dang cute I might be concerned about it, but he is, so no worries.

I finally got my desk stuff cleaned off the kitchen table. They came and replaced the last counter (looks awesome and I will post a picture soon). I had just shoved everything into a laundry basket and finally yesterday I tried to clean my "hot spot" or one ofthe many. I feel a great sense of accomplishment about this. Now if I could just get to the counter top. Awe well, I can't see it while I sit here anyway.

I better go shower. Jackson had the hardest time falling asleep this morning and I don't know how long it will last. Hopefully I can write again. I am taking Douglas to this new fondue restaurant tonight and I am pretty excited to eat.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

So you decided topaint the ceiling! What color sis you do it...just to match the trim? You will have to post pictures of the whole room when it's done. And your counter tops...Speaking of being jewish, you should read The Ladys Auxilary". We read it for book club and I reviewed it. It is very good and very entertaining.

stace said...

I knew the ceiling would bother me so I painted it to match the trim. I want to get the rest of it done but J is sick and that means I have gotten 0 rest. Thanks for the comment and for the book recommendation.