Tuesday, March 28, 2006

So I really enjoy reading people's blogs. I don't know why, but maybe it just makes me feel more human to hear what others have going on. And, let's be honest, I get bored. Lately especially. I have so much to do, yet my mind is just bored. Has anyone ever experienced this??

Anyway, I came across this blog the other day from a girl who had left the LDS church and now is very bitter (obvious in her blog). She was writing about the new series "BIG LOVE" on HBO that is about the polygamist family in SLC, Utah. They claim that it makes it clear that they are not affliliated with the LDS church but yeah right, anyone who knows anything about the church can see that they are trying to draw parallels. I am repulsed by this show, but I know there are many, like this girl, who find it to be validation for their poor choices. She went on in her email about subservient women in the church and polygamy coming back and all of these other issues. I really wanted to write a reply basically telling this chick in a nice way that she was wrong. It is amazing how bitter people become when they decide to leave the church. I went to reply and noticed she had like 250 replies. I clicked in and let me tell you, I have never seen so many bitter ex-Mormons in my life. I finally figured, what's the use. I think satan poisons people so well that they couldn't feel the Spirit even if they wanted to. Plus the fact that I am really not that articulate and would probobly not be able to express what I feel anyway. It is just funny to me how people can get so angry at the church. Even if you aren't LDS I would think you could see how the church blesses people's lives. I know there are the hypocrites, but they are definitely not the majority. Anyway. I have let it bother me enough which is probobly exactly what she wanted to do.

I am taking a break from Jackson. He is sleeping, but lucky to be. He whined and cried the whole time we were out in town, at home depot and on the way home. Rrrrrr. I tried to turn my music up so I couldn't hear him, but he just got louder. Stinker. He has hated being in the car lately. I don't know what the deal is, but I cannot be shutup at home all the time and he will just have to deal with going out a little. He is his dad's son when it comes to running errands.

So we got our other counter top in yesterday. They look so nice. Now if I could just motivate myself to clean them off!! Or fold the laundry. Or anything else productive. I blame it on the rain. Who wants to do anything when it rains?

I am finally starting to paint Jackson's room. It will be a lot of work let me tell you!! I noticed after I taped the ceiling off that the ceiling is a different color than the trim. I could probobly could just let it go--who am I kidding, it would bug me forever. I am going to paint some stripes in his room too. I can't claim the idea as my own. My friend Brittany had done it to her little boy Ryder's room and it was so cute. She copied it from Potterybarn.

Well, I am off to visit teach. Fun times.

1 comment:

Sarita said...

Staci, it's sad how people become slaves to their disbelief. My friend posted something similar on her blog (maybe that's where you saw it) and made the point that if you leave for the sole sake of leaving you become bound to that thing even more by your bitterness. However, if you find something that emlightens you more, helps you grow, you can move on. While I can't imagine something greater than the church in that aspect, I think it's true.
And explains why those you leave or usually the bitter type. Sad.

Happy painting!