Wednesday, August 16, 2006

A Day in the Life...

So, we are back to semi normal life. We met some friends for lunch at Cracker Barrel today and of course I left feeling sick because I ate too much. Actually, my big problem is that I drink too much before my meal comes out. After that event we ran by a tile store to look for tile for my backsplash. Jackson was grouchier than he hasever been at the store. He is always a little stinker, but this time it was bad. I put his little doggie backpack on that has a leash for a tail and we were just fine until he decided that he didn't want me to impede him from doing what he wanted. At that point he just flopped on the floor and threw an all out fit. It was kind of embarrassing, but try reasoning with an 18 month old. I have been reading this book lately that basically says that at that age all you can do is leave. I am too selfish for that though. I was all the way across town and I was going to get my tile. So, he just threw a fit for a while. I know it was my fault because I woke him from his morning nap to go to lunch. That is never a good idea.

Well, my kitchen is getting there. I paint one wall a night more or less. I have given up on painters tape and so I have to just have a steady hand and be patient. I am really happy with the brown I chose. It really warms up the room. After this room, however, I will need to take a break from painting. I am a little burnt out.

Not much more to report on our end.

No comments: