My personal hell....
11 hours traveling alone with Jackson.
how could this be so bad you ask?? Let me see...
Flipping out every time I make him buckle in the plane.
Running away from me every time I don't strap him down in the airport and me having to drop everything--including Paige to run after him.
Jackson head butting me as hard as he could when I told him to look at me so we could talk about his behavior
Pulling away and screaming when I put his harnass buddy (leash) on him. When I tugged him back him flew to the ground and hit his head.
Flailing and screaming when I buckled him in the stroller to alleviate the whole leash problem.
Wanting to change DVDs every five minutes and screaming and crying as loudly as possible (in the plane) if I said no.
Oh, did I mention we had to sit on a plane for two hours before they pulled us all off and made us switch to another plane which caused me to miss the next two connecting flights?
And that I was lugging Paige, her car seat, Nemo backpack, diaper bag and carry on bag.
HELL.
5 comments:
Oh Stace!!! I can't believe you were brave enough to take a plane ride alone with the kids. I would not be able to handle it!! Don't you love when kids act up in front of everyone. They know you can't react the way you would at home and use it to their advantage. I guess the positive is that it is all over. So sorry you had a difficult time!!
i want to see you scrapbook this experience. the pretty embossed letters "H-E-L-L". a picture of when you broke down and cried. one of jackson throwing a tantrum. priceless.
That is why I have learned to stay home and do nothing, ever. (do I sound a little depressed today?)
I think it sounds like a pretty good time; not sure what you're complaining about. You probably should take another trip (just you and the kids) again very soon. Barrel-o-laughs.
BTW- you know the word verification thingy I have to do to comment? This time it is requiring me to type in a 9 character code that I can hardly read. I have to squinch my eyes to figure out what some of the letters are. I understand the purpose of such code, but could Blogger make it a wee bit easier to read????? Half the time, I get it wrong and blogger gives me a new mess of symbols to decipher.
Sounds terrible! And has completely cured me of wanting another child.
I second the comment about the word verification... blogger is so annoying with that.
Post a Comment