Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Nicky Names

Do you have any??

here are some for the kiddos:
Jackson--bubba, bubba lou, jack a roo, j man, j, jack a roo bonsai, little bubba

Paige--missy moo, minnie may, itty bitty, chubba wubba, squak box (or as J says Squak bock)

How do we come up with such crazy nicknames?


The flu has hit my kids. It was a sad night at the Shaw house. J started throwing up while I was at work and continued to do so through the night. Paige had diarrea which, surprisingly, is preferable to throwing up (even after yesterday's post). I think I would sort of freak if my baby was throwing up. I have a great hubby who got up with J everytime he was sick. It takes me like a minute to wake and register what is happening and D would already be taking care of it. J is great too. He would go straight to the bathroom and throw up in the toliet. No cleaning puke off the carpet this time around. Today was a good day though. No one was sick and we are hoping to keep it that way. We have been quarentined for a few days now and I think I will stay away from others for one more day just to make sure. Being sick stinks (no pun intended) and not sleeping stinks.

Can you believe Christmas is around the corner. I really want to simplify this year. I hate the stress that comes from trying to find the perfect gift and worrying if you spend enough and not wanting to spend too much. I have talked with a couple friends about forgoing friend gifts (there are really only a few close friends that I give gifts to anyways). I thought it would be more fun to go out to eat and see a show together and forget about the gifts. We will see what happens. I just really want to enjoy the season. I want to enjoy fun activities with friends and family, I want to enjoy teaching J about Christmas.

Off to bed. I have been tired this week and going to bed early (although not sleeping well for various reasons.) I need to have energy tomorrow so I can tackle my pig sty. We also get flu shots tomorrow. I will be happy to have that under my belt!

5 comments:

annebabe said...

ditto the christmas idea! i'm totally on board.

jen said...

Jonathon's only nickname is Buddy. He is very literal and doesn't like to be called much other than Jonathon.

Brianne has a ton- Brianney, Sisterelli, Cinderelli, Sister, Cute Stuff or whatever rolls out of my mouth.

Any way to simplify Christmas is a "plus" in my book!

Sarah said...

No gift this year? I am totally bummed. So do you at least PAY for my movie and dinner or what?

Just kidding, of course. Unless I have a burst of unusual insight, picking out gifts is a struggle for me. Going out? That's waaaayy up my alley. I'm down.

stace said...

maaaybe you weren't one of those friends I was referring too...hmmmm.

stace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.