I have a few that have been big dinner group hits- hey, even a blind sqirrel finds a nut every once in a while. I'm up for a swap or two...let me know.
Here you go. Homemade Hot Pockets. I know that sounds bad, but my family LOVES them. How bad can they be, they are made out of crescent rolls, and they have cheese.
Out of luck with me, but we are trying an outfit called A Dinner Afare. You go in there kitchen and make up 12 dinners right there, in 2 hours or less. You walk out with the dinners and the cooking instructions on each package. They provide everything and do all the cleanup. The only problem is that it isn't necessarily cheap, but they are great meals. George
even though i am a recipient, can i make some suggestions? i love your ground beef/bacon/beef concoction, i love your chicken tortilla soup, and i love your meat loaf with potatoes. if you're not in the mood for those, might i suggest some things that have been sounding very good lately . . . kabobs of any sort, chicken cordon bleu, anything with risotto, chicken fajitas or bbq sauce anything. there you have it!
Who are you cooking for? I just made an awesome soba noodle salad that's perfect for summer. (You can buy soba noodles in the international section at Smith's - they are Asian purple wheat noodles.)You can have it as a meal for lunch or it would be great served with seared ahi or grilled chicken. It's healthy. Here's the link - http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/109064
The only alterations I made was that I only used 1/2 cup rice vinegar, added a tablespoon of soy sauce, an orange pepper and used cilantro instead of basil. I brought it to a bbq and everyone loved it. Let me know if you try it.
Thanks Sara! I will look it up although I know you are a very well trained chef and I am not sure I could quite replicate what you do. I may need your # if I try it so I can call 50 times with all my questions!!
12 comments:
I have a few that have been big dinner group hits- hey, even a blind sqirrel finds a nut every once in a while. I'm up for a swap or two...let me know.
I am in the same boat as you. I am totally out of ideas!! Hopefully, one will come to me by next Monday!!
Here you go. Homemade Hot Pockets. I know that sounds bad, but my family LOVES them. How bad can they be, they are made out of crescent rolls, and they have cheese.
Out of luck with me, but we are trying an outfit called A Dinner Afare. You go in there kitchen and make up 12 dinners right there, in 2 hours or less. You walk out with the dinners and the cooking instructions on each package. They provide everything and do all the cleanup. The only problem is that it isn't necessarily cheap, but they are great meals.
George
they have that here too and I have done it a few times. It is so nice to have meals that are preprepared!
even though i am a recipient, can i make some suggestions? i love your ground beef/bacon/beef concoction, i love your chicken tortilla soup, and i love your meat loaf with potatoes. if you're not in the mood for those, might i suggest some things that have been sounding very good lately . . . kabobs of any sort, chicken cordon bleu, anything with risotto, chicken fajitas or bbq sauce anything. there you have it!
you are in luck! I am doing kabobs at the end of the month.
what the heck is the beek and bacon dish??sounds kinda gross.
its with ground beef, beans and big pieces of bacon. onions too??? settlers beans?? i can't remember the name. i can remember the taste . . .
Who are you cooking for? I just made an awesome soba noodle salad that's perfect for summer. (You can buy soba noodles in the international section at Smith's - they are Asian purple wheat noodles.)You can have it as a meal for lunch or it would be great served with seared ahi or grilled chicken. It's healthy. Here's the link - http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/109064
The only alterations I made was that I only used 1/2 cup rice vinegar, added a tablespoon of soy sauce, an orange pepper and used cilantro instead of basil. I brought it to a bbq and everyone loved it. Let me know if you try it.
Thanks Sara! I will look it up although I know you are a very well trained chef and I am not sure I could quite replicate what you do. I may need your # if I try it so I can call 50 times with all my questions!!
It's easy - as long as you can cut veggies and fruit you'll be fine!
702-270-9497
Email me at sarajensen1@gmail.com and I can help you come up with a few ideas.
Post a Comment