Monday, September 15, 2008

Love and Logic??

I remember in my Love and Logic classes as I attempted to learn new parenting skills hearing a story that really made me think...

The teacher was having a hard time getting his children to go to bed at night and so instead of fighting them he decided to let them stay up as late as they wanted as long as they were in their room. The next day the children were so tired and so they were able to use their logic to decide that staying up late is not a good choice because they were tired the next day.

I am 30 in a month and I still haven't learned that lesson.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I have also taken love and logic, as if you couldn't tell from my superb parenting skills! Anyway, I knew from the beginning that the letting them stay awake as long as wanted was a bad idea. Lincoln was up until about 2 or 3 in the morning and totally wired the next day. He didn't make the correlation AT ALL! That's a Walker for ya, night owl!