Monday, January 12, 2009

a couple of thoughts.

Paige can now do all the actions for "Popcorn Popping" and it is really cute. Thanks nursery leaders. Second kids sure get jipped. I spent so much time with J teaching songs, animal noises etc. and I realized the other day that I never do it with P. Going to ruin her life, no, but I do need to make a more concerted effort to do those things with her too.

I can't figure out how to work out and shower anymore. I had it figured out when P still napped in the morning, but now that she is up all morning I don't get a chance to shower until late in the day. I hate to go to the store with no makeup and workout clothes on. I have watched far too many episodes of "What Not to Wear" for that. Oh well, here I sit in my stink.

D and I are going up to SLC without the kids in a week or so and I am feeling a little anxiety about leaving the kids for so long...almost to the point of backing out. I really want to go, but I worry too much. Is this normal?

I watched to worst Masterpiece theatre yesterday. Most Austin era books are sad throughout, but end on a high note. Not this one. It was horribly depressing. It was called Tess of the D'Urbevilles (or something close to that). Just to give you a taste or the tragedy, one of the last lines is: Tess"We need to enjoy this because it won't last" Angel (her hubby), "Don't say that. How do you know it won't last?" Tess: "Too much happiness." It re-depresses me just remembering. It was a horribly, tragic story.

Well, off to shower and go to the dentist. We need to see how many cavities I have this time. It has been like three months since my last major dental work so it is about time.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

2nd, 3rd--get a little jipped. But for me I think #4 has it the best so far in some ways. There is usually someone to help keep tabs on him and my other kids sing to him, play with him, read to him etc.

The workout dilemma is a hard one for me to. My solutions so far have been: don't work out. Let me know what you figure out :)

I bet you'll have a great time on your trip. Sounds like normal motherly worries--just do it anyway!

Tara said...

I was beyond stressed out to leave my 3 kids at 4 different places last year for 10 days when we went to Mexico. One of the places had a pool. Another had what I call the stairway to death. Everything worked out great. Bob and I had a WONDERFUL time and it was so nice to reconnect without kids for a few days.

Just go Staci and try to forget about the kids as much as possible. I promise you that you will love it!!!!!

Rachel said...

Hey Staci, I don't know what you and Douglas have planned when you head up this way, but I would love to try and get together for dinner some night. It would be so fun to see D and finally meet you. Email me if you would like to, if it doesn't work out that's okay. I just thought it might be fun. :) kai3po@yahoo.com