Friday, January 09, 2009

I am in a non blogging phase

do you get in those? you know where you can't think of anything interesting to say? where all you can think of is that it is way too cold outside, you still need to take the Christmas lights off the house (when it heats up), your kitchen is messy from dinner still, you have been to Target 4 times this week (it is too cold to do anything else), and you feel like you haven't seen your spouse for a week.

Okay, well I guess those are all things. D enrolled in a pre-calc class at Dixie and his first test is on Monday. Needless to say, he has a lot of reviewing to do so I don't think we have actually talked this week. If you want to call I am sure I have a few pent up thoughts I can spill out to you.

Target, Target...how do I love thee, let me count the ways:
Rubbermaid
Rain boots
Toys (I may have a new addiction to pirate playmobile sets...I want them all)
Cd's
Books
Hair supplies
Clothes
Photo Props
Shoes
Popcorn
Treats
Stationery
Home Decor

Seriously...I have an addiction and it has to stop or my goal to actually stick to my budget this year will be out the window...okay, I committ not to go to Target at all next week (biting my nails with anxiety...) I can do it, right?

Oh yeah, New Year Goals. I have a few. I try to choose one in each category:
Spiritual: (I am spiritual just to list it first)-do the Gospel Doctrine reading each week. Haven't started this yet because I still don't have the study guide, but as soon as I get it I will start.

Physical: Just keep working out regularly and don't gain weight. I bought roller blades today (I have asked for them for the last to holidays and have finally determined that the only way I was going to get them was to buy them myself). I want to put the kids in the jogger and rollerblade around. I loved rollerblading as a teenager so I am excited about this.

Photography: I am so excited because I just got my first studio light and I can't wait to figure it out. Also, I am going to focus more on lighting this year...really paying attention to where the light comes from, how it hits my subjects and how I can use it for cool effects. I also want to have more fun with wardrobes (I guess this is a few goals, but I have to make sure I am still learning and differentiating myself from every other mom with a camera)

Social (I guess): I am going to make sure to send cards out for bdays (on time) and try to remember peoples bday better. I am going to send thank yous more often and other assorted cards when I am inspired to.

Financial: Actually stick to the budget (that is a life long goal, but I have to re-emphasize it each year). My main goal is to start contributing money I make to an IRA.

I think that is it. Not too hard I don't think.

So what do all of you do on cold winter days when you can't go outside. I really try to limit J's tv time, but he gets stir crazy. I would love some other fun ideas!

Well, I guess I will go and tackle the kitchen. I really would just like to bake something sweet, but it is 11pm and probably not the most practical thing to do.

6 comments:

Tina said...

How I would love to have a Target that I could go to 4 times each week...

jen said...

I have been so unproductive this week because of the cold! Even around the house I have gotten hardly anything done. I suppose I could crank up my heater but then that would sabotage my New Years Resolution of saving money!

You have some great goals. I have the same exact spiritual goal as you. Maybe we can help each other stay on top of it. Anyways, I am off to Target. Ha Ha, I really am. Hopefully I can have some restraint... Oh, who am I kidding, Target has to many fun things.

farmgirl said...

I'm impressed you even left the house. I hunker down in the cold and GO NO WHERE(which in the end leaves me feeling a little stir crazy by the end of the week). I'm hoping some time in the not too distant future it will warm up enough to bundle the kiddos and start park day again. I heart park days.
I also have the same resolution for Sunday school--I guess since it's Saturday I better get reading...

andrea said...

I am in a non blogging phase as well. Have lots to say but have apparently lost the ability to actually say it. Sigh. I wonder if I could find inspiration at Target? I only went once this week...

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

my name is brooke and i to am addicted to target.
:)

tonight(saturday) wrapped up my 5th trip there this week. it's a problem, and with therapy i am working through it.

i'm glad you battle a similar addiction

oh target... look what you have done to us stay at home moms. we need you like a drug!

oh and...

great goals too :)

annebabe said...

good goals for the new year. let me know how the whole staying away from target goes for you. :) and can i say how much i am enjoying sitting by you in relief society? because i am. :)