Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Once Upon a Time...

there was a husband and wife who were a little crazy. They thought that, even though they lived in a city, this:
Photobucket
Photobucket
would be a good idea.

Luckily they have some friends almost as crazy as they are and so, "City Slicker Chickens" was born.

The chicks arrived in October. There were 24 sweet, little, fuzzy things and they grew at an alarming rate. City Slicker Chicken knew that they couldn't live in a box in the garage forever so this:
Photobucket
was built.

It didn't take long for these chickens to make themselves at home. They were so comfortable in fact that after a little more growing and maturing these:
Photobucket
gifted us with some of these:
Photobucket

and so this couple, their children and friends enjoy farm fresh eggs every day. And, in another 6 years their "investment" will pay for itself.

The end.
Photobucket

6 comments:

jen said...

Whoa! That is a pretty impressive chicken coup you guys built. I can't believe how big the chickens are now. I love the first picture of Jackson. I bet the kids get really excited to check for eggs each day. Very fun.

Tina said...

This reminds me of my next door neighbor and me winning lots of chicks (donated by the rich egg rancher in our ward)at the ward bazaar for throwing ping pong balls into goldfish jars. THey got loose in her garage. Don't remember what happened to them...but I know there was no cool coop and no eggs.

Tara said...

That looks like so much fun. Maybe I could convince Bob to do this? What do you think in our townhouse backyard?

Sara said...

You are amazing. Photography, cutting hair, raising chickens...what's next?

Stephanie said...

Can I borrow an egg?

Suzanna H. said...

Staci! I love it! that is great.