Monday, April 13, 2009

California

D had a conference in Texas so I decided to load the kids up and head out to my brother and sister in law's house in California. The drive actually wasn't too bad...better coming back than there, but all in all P was as good as she ever is in the car (still a lot of crying and whining, but nothing I am not used to with her.) We had a great time with cousins.

The first day there we decided to take the kids to Disneyland since my brother lives about 15 minutes away. It was super crowded, but we still got on to quite a few rides. The kids were in heaven. We stayed with all the kids for a few hours than my brother and I took the older kids back in the evening. We didn't get home until about 10:30pm Cali time (11:30pm Utah) and let me tell you, I payed for that the next day. J man was a major grouch all day!! It was worth the fun though. I made J go on Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain which he described as "scary fun", informed me that he never wanted to do it again and that he legs got a little "wah-b-wee". He was a good sport though. He is always good about trying things which makes me happy.

We spent the rest of the time there doing various activities...coloring eggs, riding bikes, frosting cookies, watching movies, playing games, shopping etc. It was fun had by all. Hopefully we can do it again soon!

getting ready to go into the park:
Photobucket
the kids wanted to stop at every little stationery attraction (fake cars, trolleys etc.). We gave in a few times and stopped for a snack.
Photobucket
Sally with the two little ones. Paige immediately asked to do this ride again once it ended.
Photobucket
Grace and Jackson
Photobucket
I took the two littles for ice cream while Sally took the olders on the Star Tours ride (which they loved).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Coloring eggs
Photobucket
Cute cousin friends watching early morning cartoons.
Photobucket

3 comments:

annebabe said...

glad you had in D-land. i can't wait to go back with the kids again. :) and trips with shopping, cousins and cookies are always fun!

staci said...

Looks like a fun time had by all. Glad you did Walt's place. Good times! I agree with Anne-shopping, cookies & cousins make for a rockin' good time! I love the look on P's face in the coloring eggs picture. That one's got something up her sleeve! ;)

Tina said...

Wish I could have been there to share the fun. Living in another country really stinks sometimes...